New NAB monitors? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old July 14th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #31
New Boot

If I wanted to buy an Ikan V-8000HD 8" TFT LCD Canada (Montreal specifically) does anyone know of a reseller here that has it in stock? I noticed that Vistek has it listed (no idea if they have stock) but the price is $899 which seems really really expensive given the exchange rate nowadays and that the monitor is being listed at $750 USD or less in many places. Or how about New York?
Faisal Lutchmedial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 08:12 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Any news on the new Nebtek model? I didn't see it on their website but I could've missed it since I don't know the model name/number.
Greg Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 10:55 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Any update?
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:02 PM   #34
Tourist

blown power input

I recently blew my Varizoom Swit on-camera LCD. I use IDX-batteries that have an output voltage of 14.4V and the Swit LCD has a power input of 12V. Although I was originally told this would not be a problem and it actually worked fine for a month, I recently heard that some monitors buy cheap voltage regulators and they don't compensate for small hits in voltage. Apparently Marshall and Ikan claim they have solved the problem.
Has anyone had any similar experiences or have more information on this?
Tuki Jencquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:42 PM   #35
Wrangler

I think Sony's HDV walkman might really tip the scales in the small monitor market if the specs are any indication of what to expect:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665192187

It has a seven inch 1,152,000 pixel LCD screen (480 x 800 x 3) which is comparable to all the other monitors we've been discussing here. But with a price of $1,300 at SonyStyle (maybe less elsewhere?) it's like getting a free tape deck and firewire input. And this feature sounds interesting too:

Quote:
LCD Profile Control
Customize up to 6 different LCD screen profiles (personal settings); choose from Brightness, Color Depth, Contrast, Sharpness and Color Phase.
More info here: http://news.sel.sony.com/documents/c...HD700Specs.pdf
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 07:17 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Late October now- still hoping for that new Nebtek to show up... any news?
Old September 29th, 2008, 03:31 AM   #37
New Boot

London Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Grasse View Post
Hi guys,
Just wanted to chime in and open the door for any questions you might have about the ikan V8000HD on-camera hi-def monitor. Just to clear things up: Our new monitor is not straight off the assembly lines in Taiwan... they actually come off our own assembly lines in China. We design them here in the US and have our guys manufacture them in Asia. So... we are an American company based in Houston with overseas manufacturing connections. In regards to our BNC connectors. I's true that they are soldered directly on the circuit board but it's a very strong connection and the bnc connectors are covered by our warranty. So far we have had no trouble with our connectors.... however, if they do break you can send your monitor to ikan right here in Texas and we will repair it for you. No ikan monitors are ever sent overseas for warranty work. As far as our panels... we use (just like most of the competition) an 800 x 480 panel and scale to 720p/180i. The focusing capability of the V8000HD has been favorably compared to several other on-camera hi-def monitors that are almost twice the cost. Again if you have any questions regarding the monitor, please ask.
Ross Grasse, iKan corp
Hi Rob

Thanks for the comment. I have heard similar things from UK resellers about the connectors (but jut as much about SWIT too) eitherway, can you recommend outlets in the UK, the one on your site has a "website coming soon" but no contact details. Having a choice of a couple of sources here would be good.

Dom
P.S. I hope we Brits get a dollar converted price (!) So often gear comes across with just a change in the dollar sign and thus a near doubling of the US price!!
Dom Foulsham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software