NEC XM-2960 Desktop Monitor? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old June 17th, 2007, 06:36 AM   #1
Major Player

NEC XM-2960 Desktop Monitor?

Does anyone have any info or user reviews regarding this product.

Here is the manual:
http://www.necvisualsystems.com/Docu...ls/xmxp29+.pdf

I'm just looking for a good interlaced, desktop monitor to monitor from my premiere/after effects timelines.

I'm also considering the AJA Xena LH card for BNC output from my computer. Would these work well together?

THanks.
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2007, 06:49 AM   #2
Wrangler

Is that a really old product? Heh, the graphics on page 19 gave me a laugh. The Macintosh in the picture appears to be a Mac II, the PC looks like an IBM PS2 and they mention laser disk players. In the features they brag about "true 1024x768 resolution".

You certainly aren't going to want that if editing high definition. Other than that, I don't know anythng about this model.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 12:23 PM   #3
Inner Circle

At 115 pounds more or less this isn't you're normal consumer monitor - probably intended for trade shows etc where high resolution isn't as critical as a large bright image.

NEC a few years back, about the time they pulled out of the US PC business, put all their display business into a joint venture with Mitsubishi and then about 2 years ago they split and as I recall Mitsubishi kept the CRT part of the business and NEC focused on the flat panel business.

The NEC multi sync was one of the finest monitors around in the old days, but then NEC seemed to be getting out of monitors. And now they seem to be back. I know they have a couple of high-end monitors aimed at the printing and graphic arts crowds and featuring internal automatic color monitoring and balancing and costing a bunch.

I'm not sure of the pedigree of this particular model.

Disclaimer - I have nothing to do with the display part of the business, but have been a consultant to NEC Japan for the last 12 years in the computer tape drive end of things.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software