DreamBIG Promo - Must Watch!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 24th, 2008, 10:48 AM  
DreamBIG Promo - Must Watch!!
Travis Cossel Travis Cossel is offline November 24th, 2008, 10:48 AM

I just finished up our brand new promo trailer (3 minutes & HD), and I think it's something special. Check it out and let me know what you think!

DreamBIG Promo Trailer on Vimeo

Travis Cossel
Inner Circle
Views: 5105
Old November 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Chung View Post
Very nice promo, Travis! The only thing missing, for marketing purposes, is your contact information, particularly your URL so potential clients can see more of your work.
This promo is targeted specifically for use on my website and at the wedding show, so no contact information is needed. If I ever use it for other purposes I will put my contact info on there for sure. Thanks for watching!
Old November 24th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield View Post
Travis, i hope you don't mind me saying this but i was so pleasantly surprised by this...not seen work of THIS class from you...i mean this is just excellent! beautiful imagery and colouring and great camerawork (gliding, exposures, details etc). Nothing tacky, or forced, out of this.

shame to see so many copies of ring shots like this nowadays, but hey, you did it well so we'll let you off :)
Thanks. I really felt like I had stepped up a notch with this production .. so I'm glad you noticed. It does help that it's a promo so I can choose from a wider variety of shots, but I've definitely made progress over the past year.

The ring shots .. I know others have done the "time lapse" look and I actually do it quite rarely (three times this year), but this piece is targeted towards new brides and not you guys and they likely haven't seen such a shot before. I haven't seen anyone do the ring dropping down the necklace before, but maybe someone has. I can't watch everything, lol.

Either way, thanks for letting me off. d;-)
Old November 24th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
I'm curious why this shot doesn't work. Is it too short? Is the scenery not impressive?
The composition does nothing for me. And you are familiar with the setting, so you know where it is. From my point of view, having never seen the room, I struggle to understand the shot anyway. I mean, it's a doorway, I guess, but to where? It's not particularly pretty...The following toy figures dancing are great, though.

Quote:
I think sometimes people see a steadicam shot and immediately think "StillMotion" simply because Patrick and his team are such a aces with the gear.
It wasn't actually the steadicam stuff, which, as you mention, is being done all over. It was more the little detail ring and earring cute shots, and the one with the moving light. Very StillMotion.
Old November 24th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Thanks for the clarification. The room where that shot is leading is the reception for the wedding. I thought the sea of tables made that obvious but I guess not. It's hard when you're presenting an event that others didn't attend. Maybe a different reception venue shot would work better.

Definitely the light-and-rings shot is StillMotion. I mentioned earlier that I rarely do that shot (only 3 times this year). The only reason I used it in this trailer is because my brides probably haven't seen that shot and it will impress them. As for general ring detail shots, I've been doing those for a while now and pretty much everyone else is too I thought.

Anways, thanks again for watching and for the further clarification!
Old November 24th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #20
New Boot

Concerning the StillMotion look... I think it looks fabulous, so why not use it? So WHAT if it looks familiar to something you've seen before, or even if it's been seen 1001 times. It works.

I wake up every morning and to the same woman laying next to me... she looks the same to me every morning - yet she is still just as beautiful. Should I change women? ;-)
Scott Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Adams View Post
Should I change women? ;-)
That, my friend, is a very dangerous question. d;-)
Old November 24th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
Why does it scream "StillMotion"?
The reasons have already been covered in previous posts so I won't repeat it.

Here are the reasons why I liked it; Off the top of my head, the 4 shots I loved were the one of the groom kissing her neck and making her smile, the high shot of the bride bending backwards, and the closeup of his hands around her waist showing the rings, and the spinning cake top. Oh yeah the ring shot at the very end was cool too!
Good job!!
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 06:30 PM   #23
Inner Circle

double post

Last edited by Travis Cossel; November 25th, 2008 at 01:34 AM.
Travis Cossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Thanks, Warren! That "cake topper" shot was actually a Cinderella toy on the B&G table. Looked cool from above, though. My wife thought it looked cheezy, lol. Funny how everyone can see things differently.
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM   #25
Major Player

Just checked it out. I like the shots and the editing, worked really well with the song. Favourite shot is the hands around the brides waist with the rings, I like the b/w intro as well. the colour grading seemed too red for me some bits for my liking. Overall though its a great demo. Well done.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #26
Regular Crew

What should I say that has not been said already, oh well, I will say it again, FABULOUS!!!!

I really thought it was a great trailer and I really do think and hope it will help you get more clients. Overall, Very good piece.

Keep up the good work :).

Which editing software do you use by the way?

Karim.
Karim Amanali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #27
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Szilveszter View Post
Just checked it out. I like the shots and the editing, worked really well with the song. Favourite shot is the hands around the brides waist with the rings, I like the b/w intro as well. the colour grading seemed too red for me some bits for my liking. Overall though its a great demo. Well done.
Thanks, Peter. It's interesting to me how various people who have seen it have different favorite shots, which are different from my own favorite. That's a good thing, though.

Thanks for the comment on the color grading as well. I'm still trying to nail that skill down.
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:47 PM   #28
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Amanali View Post
What should I say that has not been said already, oh well, I will say it again, FABULOUS!!!!

I really thought it was a great trailer and I really do think and hope it will help you get more clients. Overall, Very good piece.

Keep up the good work :).

Which editing software do you use by the way?

Karim.
I use Final Cut Pro. Thanks for watching and for the comments!
Old November 25th, 2008, 12:58 AM   #29
Wrangler

Looked great Travis- thanks for sharing! What cams are you using? Also what are you using to color grade?

I definitely see a Still-motion influence.
Old November 25th, 2008, 01:38 AM   #30
Inner Circle

lol .. I'm just going to roll with the "StillMotion" references and take them as great compliments. Hopefully in the future I can define my own style a bit more.

Glen, I'm using Canon A1's. Funny, I just asked you about this in your thread, but I shoot without presets .. I shoot flat. I used to use the 3-way-color-corrector for all grading, but I'm experimenting with a levels filter now. I still don't really know what I'm doing, but I'm making my stuff look better I think, so that's good. I think I need to take a color theory class or something. d:-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery