DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   My New Favorite Highlights Montage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/139748-my-new-favorite-highlights-montage.html)

Joe Simon December 18th, 2008 10:01 AM

Patrick - Thanks for your compliments. I'm glad we are slowing progressing and getting better at what we do over here! I have to agree with you that the gradient is a bit much. When I originally did it I thought it was awesome, but after going back and watching it I could see it was over done. Can't wait to meet you at ReFrame.

Richard - Thanks!

Karim - The circle kiss shot was done with the Glidecam 2000 pro(using it handheld). The Glidecam is one of many camera stabilization tools you can buy. Other popular models are - Glidecam 4000 pro, Steadicam Merlin and the Steadicam Flyer. It takes lots of practice to master these tools, but once you do you get amazing results! Good luck.

Arif Syed December 18th, 2008 12:50 PM

Oops didn't realize there was a second page.

Luke Oliver December 19th, 2008 05:47 AM

re

what do use to compress to dvd your quality looks amazing ??

Luke Oliver December 19th, 2008 05:48 AM

re

i realize this is not dvd

Luke Oliver December 19th, 2008 05:57 AM

re

sorry for all the questions just really liked this piece, amazing

what did u use to color grade, do u have any tips ??
and also what mics were you using cause your audio was so crisp????

Raymond Tsang December 20th, 2008 02:31 AM

Hey Joe, after reading all the responses to your video, I kept this thread open all week just waiting for a decent internet connection so I could stream it. Just checked it out and I think it's beautiful piece of work. You weren't kidding about the great weather.

Your couple is very lucky!

Serge Satkar December 20th, 2008 11:34 AM

Amazing works - both trailer and highlights!

Curtis Edwards December 20th, 2008 11:46 AM

Wow great job the pacing, color, & compostion rocked. Great story telling and I have to admit the vows brought a well of emotion while watching. You should be proud and I am sure they loved it!

Joe Simon December 21st, 2008 09:42 AM

Thanks guys.

Luke - I encode my web content with QuickTime Pro with the H.264 codec. I used Magic Bullet Looks to CC my work. The best advice I could give you is practice. With all methods of color correction it takes time and practice to achieve the looks you want.

Raymond, Serge, Curtis - Thanks for checking it out! I really loved the way this came out. The couple's vows were really powerful and that just helped pull the story along.

Jason Magbanua December 25th, 2008 07:55 AM

Darn Joe, I've been trying to load this vid for a couple of weeks now but I really have problems with exposure room.

Any chance this is in Vimeo?

Merry Christmas Joe!

Joe Simon December 25th, 2008 08:50 PM

What's up Jason! Merry Christmas!

Here's the Vimeo link - Keely & Kyle HD Highlights Montage on Vimeo

Here's the quicktime link - Wedding Photographer Austin TX Wedding Photography Dallas Texas Wedding Websites Houston TX

Hope things are going well with you. See you in Austin in a few months!

Joe

Jason Magbanua December 26th, 2008 12:07 PM

I'm so glad I was able to watch it.

What do you know? It's MY favorite highlights now.

Above all else, the editing, the shots, the pace, I LOVE LOVE your colors man!

Thanks for sharing!

Bruce Patterson December 28th, 2008 10:06 AM

Hey Joe - at the risk of being repetitive, I thought the clip was really well done as well. I liked the change in pacing with the introduction of the new song about 1/2 way through the piece and thought that the amount of nat. audio was perfect.

I agree with a few others that the "over-blue" and "yellow-ish" tints to some of the shots (particularly in the sky) seemed a little too much but it's a small thing. I also didn't notice the Brevis shots in the piece until I read your post and saw you mentioned it. What lens/lenses were you using?

Again though, great job and thanks for sharing!