The All Brevis Wedding // What an experience - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 18th, 2008, 12:20 PM  
The All Brevis Wedding // What an experience
Patrick Moreau Patrick Moreau is offline December 18th, 2008, 12:20 PM

We just got back from Mexico where we shot, what we believe to be, the first all brevis wedding. We had one rig on a steadicam and two hand held rigs. We brought along some top secret gear soon to be released and shot the ceremony with a couple 70-200s.

You can see a full write-up on our blog here as well as the highlights clip:

StillMotionBlog.com Dear 5D MK11: Start Your Engines // Training too?

We are considering flying Dennis from Cinevate down to Toronto and doing a round table discussion about the impetus for the shoot, the challenges we came across, how this will change our work moving forward, and how other can implement these techniques. We would then cut this in with some behind the scenes footage and make more of an educational piece out of it. I would love to know who would be interested in seeing something like this as it would be quite of time invested, but if we get enough interest we will certainly put it together.

Comments, questions, critique about the shoot are certainly welcome as well.

P.

Patrick Moreau
Still Motion
Views: 6003
Old December 24th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #46
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Waite View Post
I should probably elaborate so I don't sound like an ass. .
Hi Andrew,

No problem at all. I am sure many others have done this as well to some extent. I think what we have done is a first to the extent that we did it. In other words, our coverage and style was the same as it normally was, it was just shot all brevis. Most studios who do something similar either fly bare cam, shoot with less cams, avoid any motion in their shots- or in general change their shooting style as a result of their adapters. I think the clip itself is a testament to what we accomplished, and while some don't feel it is our best work, the overwhelming majority certainly does, as does Konrad, Michael, and I.

It is great to hear you've been bringing adapters into the mix for a while. I would love it if you could send me a sample privately (as to not get the thread off topic).

P.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2008, 05:57 AM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
We do many different things to color grade the footage. Generally it is a three step process though, with the first being generally correcting, the second being the more advanced and artistic grading, and the third being the review process where the rest of the team checks things out and makes comments or tweaks on the look. We try to avoid canned looks like MB as much as possible to keep things original and to get the maximum amount of flexibility.

P.
Cool someone else has the same work flow as me, I get asked numerous times, what MB preset did I use? two things about that question, I don't use presets and I don't use it. Some rare cases I use it for non wedding work for some image enhancement but even then totally custom make my own look, anyways I tell so many people its better to nut out and learn about colour grading because it makes editing so much easier, helps decide what look to go for and helps shooting too.

Seems like some think MB is the thing that magically (no pun) colour grades the footage using presets, but I think it simply will look like what everyone else uses which is the problem with presets.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #48
Regular Crew

How many camera's did you have shooting at that wedding?
Great Work!
Josh Swan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery