DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   A bit unusual weddding highlights (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/140013-bit-unusual-weddding-highlights.html)

Serge Satkar December 20th, 2008 10:42 AM

A bit unusual weddding highlights

Travis, was it your rafting BG that didn't let me sleep sound last times? )
Some water-skiing wedding shot from mine here Roman & Yulia highlights

Any feedback much welcome

Travis Cossel December 20th, 2008 02:06 PM

That was great fun! The groom was quite a character. Great look and feel to the video as well. Nice job. My rafting groom would be impressed, lol.

Some of the angled shots weren't to my liking really, but that's just a stylistic difference because it fits well with your style of shooting and editing.

Serge Satkar December 20th, 2008 02:40 PM

Style is subject to change and develope, so appreciate your notice, angled shots are really overused.
And can I suppose that if you liked the look I'm already close to good CC without any plugs? Maybe not perfect yet but I'm diggin' )
Thanx!

Travis Cossel December 20th, 2008 03:12 PM

Yes, I thought your coloring had a distinct look and feel to it.

Art Varga December 20th, 2008 05:46 PM

Serge - I thought that was fantastic! Loved the fast pacing and edginess mixed with the softer parts early on. Also liked the angles. The audio started to drop off at 2:57 which seemed early given the track didn't end till 3:22. Great work!

Art

Steve Sherrick December 20th, 2008 07:57 PM

That was slick. Really enjoyed it.

I used the hidden acoustic version of that song for a video once. Blue October is a good band.

Jason Magbanua December 25th, 2008 08:02 AM

Serge!

That was beautiful AND amazing both at the same time.

Love the colour tone. And as Travis mentioned, I'm not a big fan of dutch either.

But the shots man, and the editing! Love it!

Hope to visit Moscow nect year!

Brendan Donohue December 30th, 2008 12:47 PM

that was freakin amazing!! loved it!!

looked like a fun wedding

beautiful!

Chris P. Jones December 31st, 2008 11:56 AM

Serge,

Insane!

Here's what I liked most about this highlight - most highlights pick one song to cover a too-wide range of emotions from the day, so if the editor uses a cinematic tune and inserts a few fast dancing clips, it doesn't always work, or if the editor chooses a fast paced song and shows deeply emotional parts from the ceremony, it doesn't always work.

While this ceremony might've been deeply emotional at times, you chose the right parts of the ceremony to fit your highlight song.

This video totally rocks. I'm watching it for the 3rd time now. I haven't had a clip get me this pumped up in a while. Sexy and explosive!!! As you once said to me, your video "has salt'n pepper inside."

I'm bookmarking your blog from now on.

jones

John Stakes December 31st, 2008 04:09 PM

Great highlight. Keeps you interested the whole time. The color really stands out, and I can't put my finger on it...Canon or Panny? Or am I completely wrong?

Bruce Patterson December 31st, 2008 04:19 PM

WOW - awesome job. Some of those shots in there are unreal! Love the coloring and pacing!

Lou Kulynych January 1st, 2009 10:57 PM

That WAS Ochen Klasno! Wow that was Super!!!!

Jeff Harper January 2nd, 2009 01:43 AM

Unbelievable. You know how to run your camera.

Serge Satkar September 24th, 2009 05:33 AM

Wow..
I did some searching on my threads.. And found really something odd.. It's a real surprise to see such a star team in this thread! I didn't receive any email notices. Don't know why and where I was at that moment.. So I'm sincerely upset for my ignorance always pay attention to everyone! It's a bit late but I superappreciate feedback from all of you guys. All's very very strange but this what I name destiny or karma -- all happens when it meant to happen..

Jason you one of my world favotites and your visit in Moscow would be above than appreciated by many russian wedding filmmakers.
Bruce your works inspire not only me but very subtle connoisseur of art -- my wife (some public notice of it http://innamagic.livejournal.com/43011.html)
Chris -- you know that you one of my first discoveries..
Travis, John, Art, Steve, Brendan, Lou, Jeff -- thank you ALL guys!

Scott Hayes September 30th, 2009 06:16 PM

love your stuff man, love it! I could see you shooting an action film of some sort.