Engagement Shoot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Engagement Shoot
Peter Szilveszter Peter Szilveszter is offline December 22nd, 2008, 05:11 PM

We are currently putting together a promo video for j [studios] and the first session was an engagement shoot so we decided to put a little highlight together for the couple to enjoy. This shoot was mainly focused on the Photographer so it was interesting exercise to edit as highlight for the couple.

Enjoy

Greg & Steph Engagement shoot

Peter Szilveszter
Major Player
Views: 1065
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:38 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Szilveszter View Post
We are currently putting together a promo video for j [studios] and the first session was an engagement shoot so we decided to put a little highlight together for the couple to enjoy. This shoot was mainly focused on the Photographer so it was interesting exercise to edit as highlight for the couple.

Enjoy

Greg & Steph Engagement shoot
I'll be real honest, there was some good looking flying shots in there, but the shots that weren't flying were unsteady and distracting.

Also, I noticed that almost all the flying shots tended to tilt very far to the left, indicating which hand the flyer was holding the rig with (the right).

The song was a bit slower paced song, but the camera movements were very very quick. to me, that didn't match the pace of the song.

The ending shot was pretty well done, but again, had wobble, indicating the need for a tripod.

If you need mobility, but stability, consider a mono pod of the multirig pro (I love my multirig pro).
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
I'll be real honest, there was some good looking flying shots in there, but the shots that weren't flying were unsteady and distracting.

Also, I noticed that almost all the flying shots tended to tilt very far to the left, indicating which hand the flyer was holding the rig with (the right).

The song was a bit slower paced song, but the camera movements were very very quick. to me, that didn't match the pace of the song.

The ending shot was pretty well done, but again, had wobble, indicating the need for a tripod.

If you need mobility, but stability, consider a mono pod of the multirig pro (I love my multirig pro).
The focus was the photographer and the Merlin shots are where the shot is most steady and these are the finishing bits of those moves so it wasn't originally intended that is why I said the editing was tricky.

This shoot the photographer took every shot under 10 seconds so time was a restraint and setting up shots on tripod was impossible so we had to be mobile and only carry what we could besides the adapter cam was already on a shoulder mount but some shots had the intended moves to get that filmic style..
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery