Brand New Promo & First Highlight Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Brand New Promo Video & my first Wedding Highlight Video
Jason Robinson Jason Robinson is offline January 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM

This week has been crazy. Prep for my first bridal show, cutting a company high energy Promo, designing a new company logo with my graphics guy as well as a flier handout for the show, some company branding work, and to top it all off a last minute Wedding Highlights edited from 11pm Thur till 7am this morning. This is my first ever Highlights Video, something I hope to be very popular this year. Incidentally, the song used in the Highlight was also the last dance song for my wedding, just a few short years ago. That might explain why I've been humming it for a week solid and decided to finally succumb to my own desire to use it in an edit.

The large version of the promo video is here (52MB) and a slightly more dialup-friendly version is also available (38MB).

Here is the full size Wedding Highlights video (129MB) and the smaller version (15MB)

Note that there is a few second gap in the large version because, for no apparent reason, Vegas didn't grab the media file I had reversed (but it got all the clips that were played forwards) when I did this network render last night. The smaller version should have it correct. I'll be fixing that and a few other errors before I burn this for the show.

As always, feedback is welcome. This is two brand new typs of videos, so I pushed my comfort zone significantly on these. I don't know how "elegant" the promo could be considered, because I designed it to be nothing but great shots for use in a bridal show tomorrow. The music is far far edgier than I would use in a normal video production, but I think it shows pretty good flexibility.

Here is to hoping these help bring in the clients and more than cover the $2500 I've spent in the past 3 weeks on advertising, design, and printing. As I mentioned in other posts, this is the make or break moment for my business. Hopefully it is the former. At least I'll be able to say I brought my A game.

Last edited by Jason Robinson; January 2nd, 2009 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: additional info

Jason Robinson
Trustee
Views: 1340
Old January 4th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #2
Trustee

First day of wedding show down. One remaining. I'll post the actual finished versions of these clips once I have time to render them (like tuesday when I wake up from a two day hibernation to catch up on sleep).
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #3
Major Player

The movies are quite large and download is slow. You might want to consider Vimeo.
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny O'Neill View Post
The movies are quite large and download is slow. You might want to consider Vimeo.
Yeah I only had time to upload to one site and I choose to upload to my server. I'll post to Vimeo this week.
Old January 5th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Trustee

Ok, my first ever Wedding Day Highlights video is now available on Vimeo.
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:34 AM   #6
Trustee

Company Promo now available on Vimeo

The promo is now ready on Vimeo.
Old January 6th, 2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Jason,

How was the wedding show? Were you able to generate enough business? I am doing commando style marketing this year, I'll go door to door on every Flowershop, BridalShop in my area.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Lising View Post
Hey Jason,

How was the wedding show? Were you able to generate enough business? I am doing commando style marketing this year, I'll go door to door on every Flowershop, BridalShop in my area.
I've got a separate post in the works about my first Wedding show.

Any comments on the videos; Promo and the Highlights?
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #9
Major Player

I like the promo video and the fact that you emphasized the difference between a home made video as against a video done by a pro. I apologize if I overlooked the video review right now I am in marketing mode & wanted to know how the Bridal Show went.

Anyway I look forward to seeing your post about the show.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery