A Singapore Wedding Highlight at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #1
A Singapore Wedding Highlight
Sean Seah Sean Seah is offline January 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM

Been lurking around here for a long time and finally I'm ready to contribute a little something. What you see is a local marrying a Thai, hence the singing is in Thai. The pre torture thingy is a common tradition for the local chinese. I hope it doesnt scare any potential grooms with chinese counterparts :)

Benjamin + Joo SDE on Vimeo

Sean Seah
Trustee
Views: 1178
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Major Player

I love the color, what camera did you use? Any color grading in post?

Ive done Chinese weddings so I know the torture part, what I hated most is the tradition Groom has to fetch Bride by 7:30 am which means you have to be at the Bride's house by 6:00 am.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah View Post
Been lurking around here for a long time and finally I'm ready to contribute a little something. What you see is a local marrying a Thai, hence the singing is in Thai. The pre torture thingy is a common tradition for the local chinese. I hope it doesnt scare any potential grooms with chinese counterparts :)

Benjamin + Joo SDE on Vimeo
I've got to say, it started out a bit "traditional" so I thought I knew what to expect. And by traditional, I mean traditional for DVInfo, which the entire rest of the world probably thinks is cutting edge. It was a very well put together with crisp chots, multiple cameras. When he had to do all those things, I was laughing. Fantastic video for sure, and especially to be a SDE. Good use of closeups mixed in with the unique "fridge cam." at 1:19 you had a very brief "flying" shot. Was that actually hand held? Sure looked great.

Also interesting to see a wedding that does not take place in a church / or around a "traditional western" ceremony, and how you build the tension and film around those events.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #4
Trustee

Yeah it was colour graded an shot with an EX1. Yeah Jason, a lot of weddings do not go to the churches so the highlights are kinda focused on the gatecrash (torture). Without the "traditional" stuff I would prob not have enough to complete a highlight :)
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #5
Regular Crew

i like the way you put together this wedding video, out of curiosity may i ask you what video transition did you use especially the sliding transition...thanks and good luck...
Ricci Ocampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I liked the piece. What are you using to color grade your clips?
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #7
Trustee

newbluefx+MB looks
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #8
Major Player

Hey Sean,
Enjoyable video. Lively fun and upbeat. Great job.

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Major Player

Worked for me, really upbeat and fun!
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery