DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Мoscow+St.Pitersburg Part1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/141577-oscow-st-pitersburg-part1.html)

Oleg Kalyan January 14th, 2009 03:35 PM

Мoscow+St.Pitersburg Part1

Sasha&Slava dynamic, MTV style wedding highlights in Moscow. First of a two part, the second day was the one when actual wedding happened. It's a teaser.. :)

MoskvaPiter Wedding highlights, FIrst part of two, "Moscow" on Vimeo

Travis Cossel January 14th, 2009 08:03 PM

You have a very interesting style. Fast and fun. One thing I would watch out for are shots of the girl nearly flashing the camera. There are several shots where she does this, and she might not be happy with those. You'll have to judge based on her personality, though.

Ger Griffin January 14th, 2009 08:38 PM

Hey Oleg, That was good.
What I like about your work is that your not afraid to try out different pacing and styles just for the heck of it. Even though you have previously succeeded with 'safer' edits.

Shows you know what you're doing beyond what you've shown, if you get me.

Oleg Kalyan January 15th, 2009 12:50 AM

Travis, thank you, the bride saw the shots, no problems :)

I thinks that kind of shots fit well within particular storytelling.

Ger, Eire where is it?!

And, yes, thank you, tried to do something different here, mostly MTV style
talk among the guests, interviws, in actual wedding lots of them.
Cheers!

Ger Griffin January 15th, 2009 01:29 PM

Ireland (spelled in native language)

A long way from yourself Oleg.

Well done again. Must have been fun shooting that wedding!

Asvaldur Kristjansson January 16th, 2009 06:43 AM

Good work. It was very fun to watch. Did they ask you for this style of editing or was it your idea? When I ask my clients of what they like or use of music they usually do not know or have not thought that through. Do you make more that one highlight for the BG at different style, f.ex slow romantic versus fast pacing.

Ken Diewert January 16th, 2009 08:24 AM

Oleg,

I always enjoy your work. You push some boundaries and that is a good thing.

Oleg Kalyan January 16th, 2009 03:06 PM

Thanks guys, tomorrow morning flying to LA, California,
have to pack up, will answer in detail in a day or so,

sorry for off topic..

Oleg Kalyan January 18th, 2009 01:59 AM

""Did they ask you for this style of editing or was it your idea? When I ask my clients of what they like or use of music they usually do not know or have not thought that through. Do you make more that one highlight for the BG at different style, f.ex slow romantic versus fast pacing.""

Thank you for asking!
It was my idea for that style for the first day of the wedding, it was "cart blache" (most of the time the clients agree with my choice of music. Another thing, parts of the highlights are taken from the full version of the wedding video where it's presented with a different music that goes better with a different (longer) way of storytelling.

Romantic storytelling is in the second part of the wedding Moscow-St.Pitersburg (hope you watch it :)

Oleg Kalyan January 21st, 2009 11:24 AM

reupload at Smugmug

Uploaded it at a higher resolution, for better viewing experience at
O-K : photos : MoscowPiter_Part1- powered by SmugMug