DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Am I getting there? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/141805-am-i-getting-there.html)

Stelios Christofides January 18th, 2009 06:31 AM

Am I getting there?

Hi you experts. I just edited these two wedding I did so I can use this video clip to promote my business,. What do you thing guys? Am I on the right track? Your comments are appreciated.

edit: revised (corrected white balance)

clip http://www.vimeo.com/2873972

Stelios

Mark Ganglfinger January 18th, 2009 11:38 AM

My connection stinks, so I could only watch the first 30 seconds, but I thought your camera work looked steady and solid.
I thought the cloud intro was over the top though. Maybe a few seconds of it would be fine but it went on too long I thought.

Oren Arieli January 18th, 2009 11:56 AM

Good news and bad news. The good news is, you've got some nice footage to work with. Shooting seems pretty solid, although the color balance for the indoor footage needs heavy correction. The bad news is, you're trying to 'force' this into a cinematic theme that neither fits the footage or is backed up by the editing. One simple correction would be changing the music to something more upbeat that would suit the fast pace (and action-packed shots) better.

A few things I would lose: cloud intro, bride adjusting her dress (bra?), food shots. Keep in mind, this is all personal based on how I would edit the same footage. Find your own voice and don't worry about imitating everything you see out there.

Ευχαριστώ for sharing.

Jeff Harper January 18th, 2009 12:02 PM

Cloud Intro too long lose food shots.

Shot at 1:10 where groom has shadows on face from crown is no good, you should take it out, IMO.

Shots around 1:30 are yellowish, looks like you had outdoor white balance setting on. Try making them black and white and then adding a touch of a MB effect to add color. Or make them B&W then try adding touch of sepia. I don't like that yellowish look.

Don't care for the speeded up make-up shots.

You should add shot of bride's entrance/down the aisle. That is the most important shot of all.

Where are the wide shots of the location?

Keep up the good work.

I agree the music is too fancy for such simple footage. Happy, upbeat music would be much better and more fun.

Stelios Christofides January 18th, 2009 02:55 PM

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I will work on it again.
Jeff what did you mean by "Don't care for the speeded up make-up shots"

Anyway I will start by adjusting the white balance first.

Stelios

Travis Cossel January 18th, 2009 03:25 PM

I agree that a different music choice would work better with the footage you have. Maybe something a bit more fun and festive and personal. Also, if you can, I would work with your footage and try to get the white balance even between all of the shots.

Luke Oliver January 19th, 2009 09:51 AM

re

shots looked nice
Music is awful. Really does not fit

just my personal opinion

luke

Scott Adams January 19th, 2009 12:10 PM

Great shots! Lose the clouds (at minimum shorten it), lose the food shots (at minimum show people eating/smiling/drinking/laughing), lose the music (at minimum use something up tempo).

The music you used sounds great... just not for this video (ESPECIALLY the dancing parts).

Stelios Christofides January 19th, 2009 03:26 PM

OK guys I got it, you didn't like the music for this video. I will try it with a different music and see, but just to let you know, I showed this video clip to 2 prospective couples yesterday and the both LOVED the music! strange world we live...

Stelios

Jason Robinson January 19th, 2009 04:57 PM

I am not a big fan of lower thirds and graphics effect packages (digital juice type things) for weddings. I might use them for my sports highlight reels, or for faked up news shots, but not for weddings.