DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   I'd LOVE feedback on this... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/142436-id-love-feedback.html)

Kelsey Emuss January 26th, 2009 12:22 PM

I'd LOVE feedback on this...

Hi everyone.

I'm really happy with this video (rare for me!)...BUT I want it to be perfect! I know there is some hot spots and I'm wondering if there is some trick to tone them down?

I should note that this is NOT a wedding clip, and maybe I should be posting it else where on the board. I hope it's ok though because I value all your opinions and would love to hear thoughts and feedback.

Pinata Party on Vimeo

David Schuurman January 26th, 2009 01:47 PM

Hi Kelsey,

I enjoyed watching that because the children were having alot of fun and just being kids, which is always cute to watch. The video wasn't too hot that I noticed much, maybe in one shot near the start I noticed. Other than that I think your video needed alot more closeups as there was alot of wide, and medium wide shots, I felt like it would have more impact with some more closeups here and there.

I liked that you kept the camera at the childrens eye level, and that you put some audio clips in (maybe more even would be nice).

oh, and this belongs in this section even though it's not a wedding video because this is the "non-repeatable events" section!

good work.

Kelsey Emuss January 26th, 2009 02:00 PM

Thanks David!

I agree that some more close-ups would have added great impact! Sadly this was one of those dynamics where I was HOSTING this party and actually trying to capture some decent footage. I realized VERY quickly that I wasn't going to be able to do both well, so I decided to get out the tripod and hope for the best! lol!

I'm actually shocked that my camera didn't get knocked over or water-ballooned!

By the way, I lived in Vancouver from 1994-2005. Kits beach. I miss it. sigh. Please go look at the mountains for me!

David Schuurman January 26th, 2009 02:12 PM

now I understand.

you did a great job at juggling the two jobs, I've been in that boat before and I quite dislike it, I feel like I want to do one or the other only.

Kits beach is nice, I live at the top of north vancouver, right on the mountain, and I work on Seymour, so I'll go whisper a sweet nothing at the peak for you!

and by the way, I lived in Waterdown from birth to 2008! Burlington waterfront, and the village square, I miss it!

Kelsey Emuss January 26th, 2009 02:23 PM

Small world eh?

I was going to say "I bet you don't miss the snow", but living/working where you do, you probably have more than us!

Scott Adams January 26th, 2009 02:45 PM

Just fabulous!

If you want some nitty picking... here ya go:

First song ends a little weird for me... can't put my finger on it... I just think I would have tried to do something a little different... maybe it's because I thought the song was awesome with the video... and you ended it... lol.

I would have liked to see some slow mo water balloons busting around 2:13. Every one I saw bounce I was just waiting on the climax of a BURST... and was let down when they bounced... lol.

The bubbles section was AWESOME!!! I really liked the transitions with the bubble bath in the same spot. Especially liked it when the boy runs to the camera at 2:38.

Slip/Slide section was great.

Overall... well... let me put it to you this way... you made me (the audience) smile... and isn't that all that really matters? ;-)

Kelsey Emuss January 26th, 2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Adams (Post 1001510)
Just fabulous!

If you want some nitty picking... here ya go:

First song ends a little weird for me... can't put my finger on it... I just think I would have tried to do something a little different... maybe it's because I thought the song was awesome with the video... and you ended it... lol.

I would have liked to see some slow mo water balloons busting around 2:13. Every one I saw bounce I was just waiting on the climax of a BURST... and was let down when they bounced... lol.

The bubbles section was AWESOME!!! I really liked the transitions with the bubble bath in the same spot. Especially liked it when the boy runs to the camera at 2:38.

Slip/Slide section was great.

Overall... well... let me put it to you this way... you made me (the audience) smile... and isn't that all that really matters? ;-)

Thanks Scott!

I didn't want to "bias" the viewer but I agree with song comment. I LOVE the first song but didn't feel it worked as well with the party section. Then I loved the second song but didn't feel it was right for the first half. I tried to find a way to use them both but I felt like I missed transistioning them somehow.

Any suggestions on how to make them work together better?

Also, I love the idea of the slo-mo bursting balloons. I'm going to have to look aver my footage and see if I can find a clip that will work.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it!

Denny Kyser January 28th, 2009 11:59 PM

I loved it, I am really new to this and realize after watching this I am trying to do things before I am ready.

Meaning, you did a great job with out a lot of moving around, the kids do the moving while you capture good quality video.

I am trying to add tooooo many moving camera shots in my stuff, I need to relax and get some good static shots and close ups.

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it, will be a great one for you to bring back out in 15 years.

Branden Perry January 30th, 2009 12:08 PM

I have seen that I too have a lot of work to do to make a video of this quality. I agree with Scott on the choice of the first song. My feeling is it is overly used.

I have never heard the second song but liked it.

I really like the way you have matched whats going on with the video to the music. For example when the song say everybody's gonna stomp there feet the girl is doing just that.

I also really like the transition @ 3:48 very nice idea.

All in all I enjoyed it a lot and hope to learn from folks like you on this site.