Save The Date Video - fun with dolls (and Dogs) at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Save The Date Video - fun with dolls (and Dogs)
SiuChung Leung SiuChung Leung is offline January 26th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Here is another save the date video and one of my personal favorite.
This time, we play around with their dolls. This is the bride's favorite present form the groom so we included them into their same the date video.
We also planed some scene with their dogs. However on the shooting day, the dogs get really excited and didn't listen to command. So we have to cut most of their scene.

So here is the save the date video.

Méng & DD 'Save the Date' Wedding Invitation on Vimeo

Any comments are welcomed!
__________________
S.O.D.E Wedding Video(NZ): www.sode.co.nz

SiuChung Leung
Major Player
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 231
Views: 1310
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:49 PM   #2
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mays Landing, NJ
Posts: 768
great video... you seem to always shoot couples who play very well to the camera... I loved the shot of the groom to be "in the bushes"...
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:35 AM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 259
Cute!! As a side note I loved their rings!

Question. How does one get four videos to play on one screen (as in your opening sequence)? I LOVE how that looks.

Is that done in After Effects?
Kelsey Emuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 680
kelsey, trying hard not to cringe at your question... just resize/scale 4 videos and position them as you like on different video tracks.
avoid AE for the simpler stuff like that, trust me! :)


p.s. thought the titles on the clip looked great
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield View Post
kelsey, trying hard not to cringe at your question... just resize/scale 4 videos and position them as you like on different video tracks.
avoid AE for the simpler stuff like that, trust me! :)


p.s. thought the titles on the clip looked great
REALLY!?!?! It's that simple? REALLY?! lol! This can be done in Premiere Pro? OMG I have soooo much to learn!
Kelsey Emuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #6
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 2,933
Great stuff. I love the look of the footage. Are you using a 35mm adapter? You have great depth of field. Well shot and edited, and the perfect length. Nice work.

I have to say I didn't like the shot of the groom and the "bushes". Don't get me wrong, I laughed a bit, but it also didn't seem to fit with the rest of the video. It just felt a bit too 'out there' for me.
__________________
Black Label Films
www.blacklabelweddingfilms.com
Travis Cossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
great video... you seem to always shoot couples who play very well to the camera... I loved the shot of the groom to be "in the bushes"...
Well thank you very much. I guess the save the date video is something other than traditional wedding video. So those couples who pick this service would be happy to be in front of camera!
__________________
S.O.D.E Wedding Video(NZ): www.sode.co.nz
SiuChung Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #8
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey Emuss View Post
REALLY!?!?! It's that simple? REALLY?! lol! This can be done in Premiere Pro? OMG I have soooo much to learn!
Thank you Richard to answer that question.

The four videos was done in FCP by resize and cropping on 4 video tracks. I am sure you can do the same in Premiere Pro
__________________
S.O.D.E Wedding Video(NZ): www.sode.co.nz
SiuChung Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #9
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
Great stuff. I love the look of the footage. Are you using a 35mm adapter? You have great depth of field. Well shot and edited, and the perfect length. Nice work.

I have to say I didn't like the shot of the groom and the "bushes". Don't get me wrong, I laughed a bit, but it also didn't seem to fit with the rest of the video. It just felt a bit too 'out there' for me.
Thank you very much Travis!

This video was using 35mm adapter with Canon FD Lens.

About that in the bushes part. It was the groom's idea and we all love it. I agree that part is a bit 'out there' but this couple can pull it off nicely. While we shot the interview part for the love story. The couple decided instead of do normal interview, they've came up a short comedy/drama about them and make fun of each other. They also make jokes while saying thank you their guess. So I think the bushes part will fit this couple.
__________________
S.O.D.E Wedding Video(NZ): www.sode.co.nz
SiuChung Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #10
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 2,933
That's good. It's all about what works for the couple and their audience. I suspected it was okay for them.
__________________
Black Label Films
www.blacklabelweddingfilms.com
Travis Cossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #11
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 789
The video is " cute", I know it's a preference for the asian market forgot what they call it in Japan but study has shown the Asian ladies strive for cuteness ( Thanks to Oasis HD for the info) and this certainly drives the market to you.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #12
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Lising View Post
The video is " cute", I know it's a preference for the asian market forgot what they call it in Japan but study has shown the Asian ladies strive for cuteness ( Thanks to Oasis HD for the info) and this certainly drives the market to you.
Thank you Noel!

I think in Japan they call it "Kawaii".
__________________
S.O.D.E Wedding Video(NZ): www.sode.co.nz
SiuChung Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #13
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lyndhurst, NJ, USA
Posts: 408
I have a question about Save the Date vids in general. How do you offer it to your customers? When do you shoot it? I can imagine that it can take few hours to shoot for just 2-3 mins final vid, so it would be a total waste of time (unless they pay big bucks) if that shooting day wasn't used also for some other project, like Love Story.

How do you do this option from business point of view???

I'd love to offer my customers the same but can't determine how to charge them?
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #14
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Siewior View Post
I have a question about Save the Date vids in general. How do you offer it to your customers? When do you shoot it? I can imagine that it can take few hours to shoot for just 2-3 mins final vid, so it would be a total waste of time (unless they pay big bucks) if that shooting day wasn't used also for some other project, like Love Story.

How do you do this option from business point of view???

I'd love to offer my customers the same but can't determine how to charge them?
Save the date video is part of our Pre-Wedding Video service. We combine STD, Love story, grown-up photo montage and a Thank you video together as a Pre-Wedding Video Service. We spend about 5-6 hrs withe the couple on recording. So the couple is get 3 videos out of our service. The Price is same as our low-end wedding video package.

I may start a topic on this later!
__________________
S.O.D.E Wedding Video(NZ): www.sode.co.nz
SiuChung Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:50 AM   #15
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lyndhurst, NJ, USA
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiuChung Leung View Post
Save the date video is part of our Pre-Wedding Video service. We combine STD, Love story, grown-up photo montage and a Thank you video together as a Pre-Wedding Video Service. We spend about 5-6 hrs withe the couple on recording. So the couple is get 3 videos out of our service. The Price is same as our low-end wedding video package.

I may start a topic on this later!
That's a fair deal - it's probably easier to sell as a 3-in-1 package then each option separate. How many couples out of all booked weddings are getting it?
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:04 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network