My First Wedding Highlights Clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 27th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #1
My First Wedding Highlights Clip
Jamie Marsden Jamie Marsden is offline January 27th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Hi there,

I've been on this forum for a while now but this is my first post. I've really enjoyed reading all the other threads and have learned a lot from them! I really like the way you give advice to people who post their clips so was hoping you could do the same for me on my first wedding highlights video.

Some quick background info: this is the first wedding that i have filmed - i didn't get paid for it, i just used the opportunity to build up my filming and editing experience. I've got pretty basic equipment at the moment (am in the process of upgrading everything!) and there are definitely a few things that i would do the next time to improve on this one but i'd really appreciate any feedback that you think will help me develop my skills.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Steve & Sharon's Wedding Day Highlights on Vimeo

Cheers
Jamie

Jamie Marsden
New Boot
Views: 1267
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Major Player

Jamie - nice job, especially for your first piece. What impressed me most was the smooth stable shots. Uncommon to see with rookies. A few suggestions.

1.) Your cuts were somewhat long - break up some more
2.) Some of your scenes needed some more contrast and color correction
3.) Audio of the vows would have fit nicely into this piece.

you should be proud of this - overall very good work!

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #3
Major Player

Much nicer then my first few jobs... I agree with Art that a little bit of audio integrated in would have been nice. But overall great job. keep in mind that whenever you can please people on this forum board, you can rest assure that the B&G will be very pleased.
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Jamie,
Agree, very nicely done. Especially liked the timing of your cuts to the beat of the music, capturing the kids and some of the crowd in action with great expressions, and overall style of your content. Shots selected were right on. Excellent example of why content is king. Really enjoyed it.
Randy
Randy Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks for the comments guys, i really appreciate the positive feedback, gave me a nice little buzz!

Art, I know that colour correction is something that i need to start thinking about seriously. To get me started could you possibly point out a few shots in my video that would particularly benefit from it?

Also, are there any good online tutorials on colour correction that anyone can recommend for me to have a look at?

Thanks again,
Jamie
Jamie Marsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I'm jealous...

I'm a newbie too...but I thought it was really nicely done. I like highlights with a little faster pace...but the quality of your shots was really good...maybe I just like the fast pace because I can't hold a camera still as long as you ;) Great work!!
Andrew Dryden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery