New Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 28th, 2009, 11:15 PM   #1
New Video
David Kovalev David Kovalev is offline January 28th, 2009, 11:15 PM

Check out our new clip of a wedding filmed in the beautiful sunset of Florida! It has an "old film" look to it, requested by the B&G. I am aware that some clips are a little dark but I couldn't do much about that.

http://touchdream.com/blog/?p=95

Let me know what you think.
Thanks

David Kovalev
Regular Crew
Views: 1019
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #2
Major Player

Very nice, I enjoyed watching it.
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kovalev View Post
Check out our new clip of a wedding filmed in the beautiful sunset of Florida! It has an "old film" look to it, requested by the B&G. I am aware that some clips are a little dark but I couldn't do much about that.

http://touchdream.com/blog/?p=95

Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Great setting and shots.

Regarding the use of the old projector audio, I would fade it out even more because after it is used to help set the stage for teh production, it isn't needed. Otherwise, it kept getting in the way of the soundtrack. Now It was pretty faint, but I still noticed it. The visual effect you have used (hair, fuz, lines, scratches, yellowing) do a good enough job of reminding people that this is a period effect piece, so I think the audio is not necessary after the first 20-30 seconds. Likewise, I would probably back off the FXs filters after the stage has been set.

Besides those nitpicks, I liked the song, though something seemed out of place at times. Either the songs slow pace or the happy visuals. I can't put my finger on it.

In any case, as many of us find out, it doesn't matter what other videographers think (unless you care about fame) it matters what the customers think.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Major Player

man i miss florida.... Anyways the video looked great. I think Jason hit the nail on the head with the projector sound. Of course I read his comment before viewing the video. so maybe I wouldn't have noticed as much if it wasn't pointed out.
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery