Same Day Edit - Canon 5D MkII - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old February 6th, 2009, 10:32 PM  
Same Day Edit - Canon 5D MkII
Jason Magbanua Jason Magbanua is offline February 6th, 2009, 10:32 PM

I managed to borrow a Canon 5D for a wedding yesterday. I thought I'd just use some shots here and there but I went gung-ho and went for an all 5D SDE (except for two clips).

Shooting was an absolute joy. Editing was like pulling my nails out one by one with a pair of rusty pliers.

I was crawling on a Core2 Dell with only 2 gigs of ram. I only managed straight cuts and a linear narrative but I was just after finishing the darn thing.

Mitzi and Henry on Vimeo

Lenses used:
Canon 70-200 2.8
Canon 50mm 1.8
Sigma 28mm Macro

Thanks for watching!

Jason Magbanua
Major Player
Views: 5072
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Hi Jason,

I liked your clip, i mean for someone that simply picked up a "foreign" tool and delivered a seamless product is a feet on itself. You had excellent control of your DOF and it came trough very well.

So you found the workflow on a duo core not so hot? Did Premiere deal with the files appropriately and what adobe preset did you use?

I hear that there is a way to convert the .mov file to a .avi which adobe will be able to play back in realtime and wont be to hard to edit. Have you read anything to this fact?

And for your sound, you might want to look into something like this

Sennheiser | MKE 400 Compact Video Camera Shotgun | MKE 400

P.S. i hear that the singer in your video is like Usher to the Philippines. lol

Thanks for sharing Jmag, and as i told Mayad, I'm coming to the Philippines in 2010, i hope I'll get the chance to meet you.
Carl Wilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 07:48 AM   #17
Regular Crew

great clip...was that all handheld?
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #18
Major Player

Jason - stunning video. Despite the simplicity of editing process you can't actually tell that you did it on a laptop :-) As far as the hardware, maybe you should get MacBook Pro? Those new models are pretty loaded.

I'm curious what kind of support equipment did you use? Tripod? Monopod? Rails system for that dress shot?
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Wilky View Post
Hi Jason,

I liked your clip, i mean for someone that simply picked up a "foreign" tool and delivered a seamless product is a feet on itself. You had excellent control of your DOF and it came trough very well.

So you found the workflow on a duo core not so hot? Did Premiere deal with the files appropriately and what adobe preset did you use?

I hear that there is a way to convert the .mov file to a .avi which adobe will be able to play back in realtime and wont be to hard to edit. Have you read anything to this fact?

And for your sound, you might want to look into something like this

Sennheiser | MKE 400 Compact Video Camera Shotgun | MKE 400

P.S. i hear that the singer in your video is like Usher to the Philippines. lol

Thanks for sharing Jmag, and as i told Mayad, I'm coming to the Philippines in 2010, i hope I'll get the chance to meet you.

Thanks for watching Carl.

I used the DV preset and scaled down the *.mov file. I was using a core2 2.1mhz laptop with only 2 gigs of ram. Scrubbing was a pain and so is playback.

I am now currently doing research on the workflow.

Gary Valenciano is still pretty hot! Like an old Usher lol.

Thanks for the audio suggestion and hope to see you when you fly in.

Cheers!
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:24 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmany Tellez View Post
great clip...was that all handheld?
Actually most of it was tripod mounted. Thanks!
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Siewior View Post
Jason - stunning video. Despite the simplicity of editing process you can't actually tell that you did it on a laptop :-) As far as the hardware, maybe you should get MacBook Pro? Those new models are pretty loaded.

I'm curious what kind of support equipment did you use? Tripod? Monopod? Rails system for that dress shot?
Lukas (you are the namesake of my youngest son),

I'm looking at Alienwares right now =). I was bred with a PC. lol.

I used a tripod, a glidetrack HD, one shot with a Glidecam 4000 and some feeble attempts at a monopod.

The only handheld shots there were the CU of her hair, a pan during the preps and the kiss at the altar.
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Simon View Post
Yeah that comment was sweet! That's what i keep thinking about using this camera. Everyone will think you are shooting photos. What the client/guest think when you say it's video? Will they think that it's some cheap video because your using a digital still camera? Not that they actually know anything but perceptions are weird.
Hey Joe!!! Thanks for watching. That incident happened like 3 or 4 times that day. I always have to explain after.

It was a riot.

I hope putting on the short shotgun would help.

Cheers man!
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Magbanua View Post
Hey Joe!!! Thanks for watching. That incident happened like 3 or 4 times that day. I always have to explain after.

It was a riot.

I hope putting on the short shotgun would help.

Cheers man!
Maybe you could mount it on some shoulder mount? Or rod system? This way it would look more like a vid cam?
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Just wanted to share this information with those of you who have 5DMKII and would like to have a better audio solution.

The Sweet Sounds of the Canon 5D Mark II | B&H Photo Video Pro Audio
Carl Wilky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery