DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Trailer for this past weekends wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/146579-trailer-past-weekends-wedding.html)

Phillip Barnett March 25th, 2009 06:43 AM

Trailer for this past weekends wedding

Maria and Jason Teaser on Vimeo

Password: 032109

Please let me know what you think!! This is a first attempt at a trailer/teaser for my client and I want some opinions.

Thanks in advance,

Phillip

Phillip Barnett March 25th, 2009 01:02 PM

No comments? WOW!

Paul Mailath March 25th, 2009 01:57 PM

it's password protected

Phillip Barnett March 25th, 2009 02:09 PM

password is 032109

Stephen J. Williams March 25th, 2009 03:01 PM

Philip....

very solid shots. my one comment would be to de-interlace your footage...
I liked the silhouette shot while they were dancing. The fog machine made the excess light look really cool.
Was your rear camera un-maned or were going back and forth between the two? looked nice, just curious...
steve

Phillip Barnett March 25th, 2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 1033486)
Philip....

very solid shots. my one comment would be to de-interlace your footage...
I liked the silhouette shot while they were dancing. The fog machine made the excess light look really cool.
Was your rear camera un-maned or were going back and forth between the two? looked nice, just curious...
steve

I am new to vimeo, so i still have a few things to tweak on my uploads. i do need to de-interlace, but the client will get a copy on DVD to hold them over untill i can finish the project and deliver.

Both the camera behind the couple on the alter, and camera in the isle was "manned", my wife ran the one in the isle.

Thanks for veiwing it.

Anyone else?

Phillip Barnett March 26th, 2009 05:47 AM

Good, Bad or Ugly!

I want to hear what you think!! Good or Bad!! Please let me know!!

Nick Weeks March 26th, 2009 06:08 AM

I think it gives away too much of the wedding, try making it shorter with something hanging, you know like they do a good TV show... they end it at the best part and leave you wanting more, more, more!

The shots look pretty good though, de-interlacing for the internet is a must, if you're using FCS its easy with Compressor.

here's one of my latest trailers:
Lauren & Tyler’s Wedding Trailer Superium Productions - Artistic Wedding Cinematography in High Definition

Phillip Barnett March 26th, 2009 09:09 PM

Very nice trailer!

I see what you mean about giving to much away. I will work on a new edit this weekend and repost to see if you like better.

Nick Weeks March 26th, 2009 09:22 PM

Check out killer tracks for bg music, they have some nice stuff for about 1-2min edits... but don't re-edit just for me! If the B&G like it, that's the bottom line

Phillip Barnett March 27th, 2009 12:14 AM

I havent presented to the B & G yet. I wanted some professionals to look at it and gift some feed back, that way I could tweak it.

Oleg Kalyan March 27th, 2009 02:31 AM

If I could suggest, to have more variety of shot, quite a few cuts with medium shots to medium, overall it's very well done for a beginner! Congratulations!

Phillip Barnett March 27th, 2009 07:06 AM

Maria and Jason Trailer 2 on Vimeo

Password 032109

Made some minor tweaks, also now available in HD!

Still learning the Close, Medium, Wide shot pattern in editing and shooting.