DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Macy + David Wedding Highlights (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/146931-macy-david-wedding-highlights.html)

Jawad Mir March 29th, 2009 10:10 PM

Macy + David Wedding Highlights

Hi everyone,
A bit new here so forgive me if I don't follow rules.

Here are highlights of David + Macy Wedding that was held at Liberty Grande in February

Would love some feedback

Macy + David on Vimeo

Thanks

Jawad Mir

Editor . Director
Jawad Mir - www.jawadmir.com - editor. director
--------------------------------------------
Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 Gig Ram-Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz 5 Gig Ram & Canon XH A1

Travis Cossel March 29th, 2009 10:49 PM

Jawad, thanks for sharing. I thought you had pretty solid editing overall; captured the event well. I wasn't a fan of the "push" transitions you used. I also wasn't a fan of the greenish tint that the video had. Props for editing to a song by the Smashing Pumpkins (pretty sure it was them).

Jawad Mir March 29th, 2009 11:07 PM

Honestly, that's the first time I have used transitions in a wedding highlights. I just used them based on movement up, down and sideways.

Thanks for the green tint feedback

I have seen your work on your website before and really enjoy watching it

Travis Cossel March 29th, 2009 11:45 PM

Thanks, Jawad. Regarding the green, it's hard to pull it off for a wedding I think. I tried it once with the highlights for an outdoor wedding and in the end it's probably just not the best choice for color. Always good to try something different, though!

Carl Wilky March 30th, 2009 10:32 AM

The clip was well edited, good sense of how the day went. I liked the sorta of strobe effect you matched with the music at the beginning.

One comment regarding the Bride's speech, is it just me or she sounds like this will be the beginning of a long hard marriage. lol

Jawad Mir March 30th, 2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Wilky (Post 1035895)
The clip was well edited, good sense of how the day went. I liked the sorta of strobe effect you matched with the music at the beginning.

One comment regarding the Bride's speech, is it just me or she sounds like this will be the beginning of a long hard marriage. lol

Thanks Carl. Appreciate it

Stephen J. Williams March 30th, 2009 03:49 PM

Jawad...

Thanks for sharing. I liked the video. I enjoyed the edit and song selection. Didn't dig the transitions to much during the dance scene. Everything else... Looked awesome.

Steve

Kevin Lewis March 30th, 2009 03:55 PM

What Camera did you shoot with?

Jawad Mir March 30th, 2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 1036054)
Jawad...

Thanks for sharing. I liked the video. I enjoyed the edit and song selection. Didn't dig the transitions to much during the dance scene. Everything else... Looked awesome.

Steve

So far that has been the downside...the transitions:) And personally I hate transitions in general as well but just wanted to try something different in this video. I guess so far didn't click. Thanks for honest opinion:)

Jawad Mir March 30th, 2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Lewis (Post 1036060)
What Camera did you shoot with?

Canon XH A1 and Canon HV20 and some clips from DVX100B.

Matt Barwick March 31st, 2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Wilky (Post 1035895)

Haha - nope, you're not the only one Carl.

Oleg Kalyan March 31st, 2009 07:50 AM

Jawad,
overall very solid highlights clip, dynamic is just as it feels like for that song.
Personal observation, I am not a big fun of dutch tilts, that were here quite often,
some shots seem a little dark, wanted to see more of a close up on the faces of B&G on
emotional moments.
Thanks for sharing!

Jawad Mir March 31st, 2009 04:07 PM

Thanks for your honest feedback dude. Appreciate it