Feedback for my work please.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #1
Feedback for my work please..
Susanto Widjaja Susanto Widjaja is offline April 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM

Hi guys,

I have been a reader in this forum for quiet sometime now and have learned a great deal by just that.

I'd like to share my work with you guys who share the same interest and would appreciate any feedback received..

Paper Cranes Productions Wedding Showreel 2008 on Vimeo

Thank you in advanced!

Santo

Susanto Widjaja
Major Player
Views: 2879
Old April 5th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #2
Major Player

excellent, very solid camera work edited wonderfully to the music.
George Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:24 AM   #3
Major Player

I really enjoyed that, I particularly love the whole picture vs motion picture concept and how you took those wonderful shots and made them come alive.

The feel was very cinematic, your shots backed this up. What steadicam were you using as I noticed a bit of shake, looks like from your footsteps.

Very solid all round.
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:42 AM   #4
Trustee

terrific, I love the name and how you 'sell' the idea of the moving image - I really enjoyed it.
Old April 6th, 2009, 03:32 AM   #5
Major Player

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny O'Neill View Post
I really enjoyed that, I particularly love the whole picture vs motion picture concept and how you took those wonderful shots and made them come alive.

The feel was very cinematic, your shots backed this up. What steadicam were you using as I noticed a bit of shake, looks like from your footsteps.

Very solid all round.
Thank you guys, appreciate all the comments. The steadicam that I use is merlin. Thats probably why the shake happened. Sometimes its just too heavy to hold when I'm doing a swipe and I think the merlin already got a bit overused, its rock n rolling sometimes. I need to send it to be serviced.

PS: I love mintyslippers's reel. I'm gonna use that song for one couple's prewedding film to be shot next two weeks.

Santo
Susanto Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Susanto,

Thats a really nice compilation of shots that you have put together with good music to compliment the visuals. A good eye for the creative shots, although I did notice the glidecam was not as smooth as it could have been in a few shots. That did not really detract from the overall piece for me.

Very nice.

Cheers,

John De Rienzo
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #7
New Boot

Wow! Above all else you're clearly a remarkable 'storyteller'. You're 'unfolding' script is a magical combination of beautiful cinematography, brilliant editing, a lovely musical score and careful reaction to it and judicial use of special effects and mechanical assists.

I envy your skillset, your eye and your obvious passion for telling a story worth seeing.

Steve Pustay
Horizon Video
Steven Pustay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #8
Major Player

This is one of the best wedding videos I have seen. Just the composition of this is perfect. Great Work
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #9
Major Player

Love the use of the text and the still frames unfreezing at the beginning. A couple of the slow motion shots were a little jittery to me but overall it's a very strong piece. I'd hire you :)
Matthew Craggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:28 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Susanto,

That was terrific, beautiful and original. What a exceptional eye you have. Your creativity is truly captivating.

Thank you very much for sharing.

GMan
Gino Mancusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #11
Major Player

Great work!
I enjoyed it a lot.
I posted a couple questions on the comment on Vimeo.

JJ
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #12
Trustee

Terrific video! One question though... how do you get along well with still photographers? You seem to be exactly where a photographer wouldn't want you to be at the precise moment. Do you go ahead and get what you need to get by stepping in front of a photographer, or do you talk with the photographer about positions beforehand?
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:20 PM   #13
Major Player

I believe he used Freeze Frame:)
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #14
Trustee

First off.... wow!

I expected another "demo" but you have a very unique way to introduce your service which is had to do now days!

I'll just point out some of the things I though were completely cool, original, and stood out.

As noted already, the color pass effect combined with "picture vs movie" was a great way to demonstrate how moving pictures add depth to a scene unlike any other medium.

The musical score was fantastic.

I liked the combination of glideing / flying around all the different couples. A good idea that I have been working on myself! My problem is I only have footage on the glidecam from two couples so far, but once I had about 4 I was planning on doing something very similar where shots are combined from all of them into one reel.

The lineup of the bridal party where they duck out of the way was a great shot (2:20)! Very creative!
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #15
Major Player

What a awesome idea. It shows the advantages of video over photos. Such a great work!!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery