DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   New Teaser - Muslim Wedding! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/177546-new-teaser-muslim-wedding.html)

Ram Purad April 9th, 2009 07:58 AM

New Teaser - Muslim Wedding!

Hi guys,

When you get a moment, please take a look and critique our new teaser from a muslim wedding:

Mona & Nauman :: The Teaser! on Vimeo

Thanks.

Shaun Roemich April 9th, 2009 08:03 AM

Ram, I'm not a weddings guy but that looks incredible to me. Tasteful Steadicam work, great grading. I wonder if it's easier or harder to work with such richly appointed subjects as your bride and groom. The traditional dress, the mendhi... Well done.

Noel Lising April 9th, 2009 08:12 AM

Hi Ram,

This is your best work in my opinion. I like the pacing. I thought it was a Hindu wedding with the hena tatoos, did they allow a male videographer to shoot the bride? I lost one Mulsim wedding in the past coz I can't find a female videographer for the Bride prep.

Great work Ram.

Joel Peregrine April 9th, 2009 08:48 AM

I enjoyed that! What's the music from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram Purad (Post 1070702)
Hi guys,

When you get a moment, please take a look and critique our new teaser from a muslim wedding:

Mona & Nauman :: The Teaser! on Vimeo

Thanks.

Jason Bowers April 9th, 2009 09:15 AM

Ram that was well done. The music ruined it for me though. I felt as though the piece would come to life with a faster track. Great job though.

Ram Purad April 9th, 2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Roemich (Post 1070703)
Ram, I'm not a weddings guy but that looks incredible to me. Tasteful Steadicam work, great grading. I wonder if it's easier or harder to work with such richly appointed subjects as your bride and groom. The traditional dress, the mendhi... Well done.

Thanks for commenting on the clip Shaun. It think its always easy to work with photogenic clients. I'm sure everyone would agree to that. I also love the colors and richness of Hindu/Muslim weddings.

Ram Purad April 9th, 2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 1070708)
Hi Ram,

This is your best work in my opinion. I like the pacing. I thought it was a Hindu wedding with the hena tatoos, did they allow a male videographer to shoot the bride? I lost one Mulsim wedding in the past coz I can't find a female videographer for the Bride prep.

Great work Ram.

Noel, Thanks for the compliment. This is definitely one of my personal favs as well. They were okay with a male videographer shooting the bride. Mendhi day, wedding day prep, and park shoot shot by my self. Had my 2nd shooter join me for the Shaadi (ceremony) part.

Ram Purad April 9th, 2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Peregrine (Post 1070816)
I enjoyed that! What's the music from?

Joel, Glad you enjoyed that! The music is from the Soundtrack of runaway hit movie of 2008, Slumbog Millionaire. The music scored by A.R.Rahman - Winner of a golden globe and two Academy awards for his work in Slumdog Millionaire.

Ram Purad April 9th, 2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Bowers (Post 1070931)
Ram that was well done. The music ruined it for me though. I felt as though the piece would come to life with a faster track. Great job though.

Jason, Glad you liked the visuals. Its a bit odd that you feel that music is not fitting the piece well, because I feel this music is one of the strong points of this clip. It allowed me to bring out the "Magical" moments from their day well.

Travis Cossel April 9th, 2009 11:49 AM

Just got to watch it. I really think the song fit the style of edit you chose. Some beautiful steadicam work and good coloring throughout.

However, the first shot doesn't really work for me. It starts out way out of focus and moves in-focus nice and sharp, which is great, but only for a second as you pushed just past in-focus and the image went soft. I would recommend using a different opening clip because that shot goes back out of focus just enough to look bad.

The same goes for the first shot of the groom. When you pan up to his face, it's out of focus. I noticed one or two other shots where the focus was off. Keep an eye on that.

I also don't think the b&w shots at the end really work. The whole video preceding those shots is in color and it's got a signature look, then suddenly the video goes b&w and ends. It just didn't make any sense to me.

Still, it's a good piece overall and you should be proud of it! Really love the music from that movie (great movie too).

Jason Bowers April 9th, 2009 11:54 AM

Hi Ram,
For me the visuals were great kept me viewing, but for some reason the music seemed too slow and boring. However, the great part is we all see and hear things differently and what I didn't feel was right will be on the mark with many others. Keep up the good work.

Ram Purad April 9th, 2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 1071405)
Just got to watch it. I really think the song fit the style of edit you chose. Some beautiful steadicam work and good coloring throughout.

However, the first shot doesn't really work for me. It starts out way out of focus and moves in-focus nice and sharp, which is great, but only for a second as you pushed just past in-focus and the image went soft. I would recommend using a different opening clip because that shot goes back out of focus just enough to look bad.

The same goes for the first shot of the groom. When you pan up to his face, it's out of focus. I noticed one or two other shots where the focus was off. Keep an eye on that.

I also don't think the b&w shots at the end really work. The whole video preceding those shots is in color and it's got a signature look, then suddenly the video goes b&w and ends. It just didn't make any sense to me.

Still, it's a good piece overall and you should be proud of it! Really love the music from that movie (great movie too).

Travis, thanks for your honest opinion about the clip. This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I will definitely keep an eye for the things you mentioned.

Glad to see that this clip is being liked for the color grading as that's one of the things I want to improve this year. Also happy with the steadicam shots I achieved with my HV30 + Merlin set up outdoor that day. All I can say is that it was a less windy day :-)

Gino Mancusa May 4th, 2009 02:39 PM

Hello Ram,

I just used the very same music "Latika's Theme" on the very recent Vedic Wedding we just completed. Its a very nice melody, its not boring, it did work for me but one or two of the more dynamics moments didn't fit the score quite as well as the rest. Nice work though, well done.

GMan

Douglas Thigpen May 4th, 2009 09:53 PM

Oustanding job.

Ram Purad May 5th, 2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino Mancusa (Post 1137428)
Hello Ram,

I just used the very same music "Latika's Theme" on the very recent Vedic Wedding we just completed. Its a very nice melody, its not boring, it did work for me but one or two of the more dynamics moments didn't fit the score quite as well as the rest. Nice work though, well done.

GMan

Thanks GMan, glad you like the piece. I would interested in seeing your cut of Vedic wedding to Lathika's Theme.