New Teaser - Muslim Wedding! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 9th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #1
New Teaser - Muslim Wedding!
Ram Purad Ram Purad is offline April 9th, 2009, 07:58 AM

Hi guys,

When you get a moment, please take a look and critique our new teaser from a muslim wedding:

Mona & Nauman :: The Teaser! on Vimeo

Thanks.

Ram Purad
Regular Crew
Views: 2536
Old April 9th, 2009, 08:03 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Ram, I'm not a weddings guy but that looks incredible to me. Tasteful Steadicam work, great grading. I wonder if it's easier or harder to work with such richly appointed subjects as your bride and groom. The traditional dress, the mendhi... Well done.
Old April 9th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Ram,

This is your best work in my opinion. I like the pacing. I thought it was a Hindu wedding with the hena tatoos, did they allow a male videographer to shoot the bride? I lost one Mulsim wedding in the past coz I can't find a female videographer for the Bride prep.

Great work Ram.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #4
Major Player

I enjoyed that! What's the music from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Purad View Post
Hi guys,

When you get a moment, please take a look and critique our new teaser from a muslim wedding:

Mona & Nauman :: The Teaser! on Vimeo

Thanks.
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Major Player

Ram that was well done. The music ruined it for me though. I felt as though the piece would come to life with a faster track. Great job though.
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Roemich View Post
Ram, I'm not a weddings guy but that looks incredible to me. Tasteful Steadicam work, great grading. I wonder if it's easier or harder to work with such richly appointed subjects as your bride and groom. The traditional dress, the mendhi... Well done.
Thanks for commenting on the clip Shaun. It think its always easy to work with photogenic clients. I'm sure everyone would agree to that. I also love the colors and richness of Hindu/Muslim weddings.
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:13 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Lising View Post
Hi Ram,

This is your best work in my opinion. I like the pacing. I thought it was a Hindu wedding with the hena tatoos, did they allow a male videographer to shoot the bride? I lost one Mulsim wedding in the past coz I can't find a female videographer for the Bride prep.

Great work Ram.
Noel, Thanks for the compliment. This is definitely one of my personal favs as well. They were okay with a male videographer shooting the bride. Mendhi day, wedding day prep, and park shoot shot by my self. Had my 2nd shooter join me for the Shaadi (ceremony) part.
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Peregrine View Post
I enjoyed that! What's the music from?
Joel, Glad you enjoyed that! The music is from the Soundtrack of runaway hit movie of 2008, Slumbog Millionaire. The music scored by A.R.Rahman - Winner of a golden globe and two Academy awards for his work in Slumdog Millionaire.
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bowers View Post
Ram that was well done. The music ruined it for me though. I felt as though the piece would come to life with a faster track. Great job though.
Jason, Glad you liked the visuals. Its a bit odd that you feel that music is not fitting the piece well, because I feel this music is one of the strong points of this clip. It allowed me to bring out the "Magical" moments from their day well.
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Just got to watch it. I really think the song fit the style of edit you chose. Some beautiful steadicam work and good coloring throughout.

However, the first shot doesn't really work for me. It starts out way out of focus and moves in-focus nice and sharp, which is great, but only for a second as you pushed just past in-focus and the image went soft. I would recommend using a different opening clip because that shot goes back out of focus just enough to look bad.

The same goes for the first shot of the groom. When you pan up to his face, it's out of focus. I noticed one or two other shots where the focus was off. Keep an eye on that.

I also don't think the b&w shots at the end really work. The whole video preceding those shots is in color and it's got a signature look, then suddenly the video goes b&w and ends. It just didn't make any sense to me.

Still, it's a good piece overall and you should be proud of it! Really love the music from that movie (great movie too).
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #11
Major Player

Hi Ram,
For me the visuals were great kept me viewing, but for some reason the music seemed too slow and boring. However, the great part is we all see and hear things differently and what I didn't feel was right will be on the mark with many others. Keep up the good work.
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
Just got to watch it. I really think the song fit the style of edit you chose. Some beautiful steadicam work and good coloring throughout.

However, the first shot doesn't really work for me. It starts out way out of focus and moves in-focus nice and sharp, which is great, but only for a second as you pushed just past in-focus and the image went soft. I would recommend using a different opening clip because that shot goes back out of focus just enough to look bad.

The same goes for the first shot of the groom. When you pan up to his face, it's out of focus. I noticed one or two other shots where the focus was off. Keep an eye on that.

I also don't think the b&w shots at the end really work. The whole video preceding those shots is in color and it's got a signature look, then suddenly the video goes b&w and ends. It just didn't make any sense to me.

Still, it's a good piece overall and you should be proud of it! Really love the music from that movie (great movie too).

Travis, thanks for your honest opinion about the clip. This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I will definitely keep an eye for the things you mentioned.

Glad to see that this clip is being liked for the color grading as that's one of the things I want to improve this year. Also happy with the steadicam shots I achieved with my HV30 + Merlin set up outdoor that day. All I can say is that it was a less windy day :-)
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Hello Ram,

I just used the very same music "Latika's Theme" on the very recent Vedic Wedding we just completed. Its a very nice melody, its not boring, it did work for me but one or two of the more dynamics moments didn't fit the score quite as well as the rest. Nice work though, well done.

GMan
Gino Mancusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:53 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Oustanding job.
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino Mancusa View Post
Hello Ram,

I just used the very same music "Latika's Theme" on the very recent Vedic Wedding we just completed. Its a very nice melody, its not boring, it did work for me but one or two of the more dynamics moments didn't fit the score quite as well as the rest. Nice work though, well done.

GMan
Thanks GMan, glad you like the piece. I would interested in seeing your cut of Vedic wedding to Lathika's Theme.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery