DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Trailer - Matthew & Andrea (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/188549-trailer-matthew-andrea.html)

Dean Morris April 12th, 2009 06:29 AM

Trailer - Matthew & Andrea

Hi All,

I'm very much a lurker here and have rarely posted. Today, I'm taking the plunge on posting a clip for your critique. The audio of the priest was not as good as I would like - there was no way he was going to allow us to mic him ... I'm prepared to take all critisicm :)

www.weddingstory.com.au/movies/MatthewAndrea.wmv

Thanks for looking in advance.
Dean

Art Varga April 12th, 2009 09:45 AM

Dean - very nice clip! Can't see anything to criticize. How the heck did you get them to go up in the tree?

Ryan Morey April 12th, 2009 05:32 PM

GREAT stuff! I'm diggin the tree shot.Are you using a steadicam on these shots?

Ryan

Matt Barwick April 12th, 2009 11:45 PM

Hi Dean,

Credit to you for not lurking any more & putting some work up for review!

I thought it was a beautiful piece, very well executed. The choice of track was spot on, with the footage matching the music build up.

A couple of minor things I noticed (seeing as you're prepared for criticism) :)

The grooms audio sounded a little hot/distorted at times - maybe drop the sensitivity down a notch?

The tracking of the couple when they're walking in the garden around 0:51 seemed to jump a little.

I liked the rack focus at 1:17 from the leaves/branch, but the end focus point of the window didn't seem very interesting.

The other thing you might think about is a brief closing on-screen message - their date, 'coming soon' or something like that? Purely subjective that one I guess.

The tree shot is a killer, and the stabilised camera work is great - well done!

Hope (for my sake!) you're not entering this one in the AVPA awards ;)

Cheers,

Matt.

Dean Morris April 13th, 2009 03:27 AM

Thanks Art & Ryan,

It always helps to have a willing couple.

Cheers
Dean

Dean Morris April 13th, 2009 03:46 AM

Thanks Matt for taking the time to critique,

You're probably right about the audio - I think I've overcompensated by bumping it up too much which has given it that distorted sound...shall work on that for the full edit.

That was a bit of a bad stutter for that scene...I picked that one up too :)

The window shot may be out of place and could go further up in the establishemnt shots - it's supposed to represent the room she was getting ready in & I had other plans to give purpose to this scene (which unfortunately didn't eventuate).

The couple were really easy to work with so the tree shot worked well for them - don't know how many times we would succeed in convincing a bride to jump into a tree...

I didn't think that it was possible to submit a trailer in for an AVPA award??? I'm hoping to enter this year with some other work that's a bit longer.

Cheers
Dean