An Asian Teaser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #1
An Asian Teaser
Peter Szilveszter Peter Szilveszter is offline April 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM

Hi Everyone

It's been a while since I've shared a clip. This is just a teaser for the most recent wedding we shot. This was a wedding had a Cambodian,Chinese and Western ceremony. This was one of the toughest shoots we had as we have had very little experience shooting Eastern type weddings. I decided to go for the Cambodian ceremony feel with this clip. Can't wait to get my teeth into this edit.

Madalyn & Chean Trailer on Vimeo

Peter Szilveszter
Major Player
Views: 1478
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Peter

That looks great, love the DOF and colours!

What are you shooting with here?

I can't wait to see the highlights.

Cheers
Darren
Darren Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Darren, I shoot on an A1+RNG35 adapter and Emily shoots with a hv30+Merlin. Yeah the highlight should turn out great.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #4
Major Player

Great job! The DOF was stunning!

Did you filmed a Chinese tea ceremony in that wedding? I have some trouble to get it right. I just did a basic 2 camera shot for tea ceremony. I've been struggle to find new angle to shoot and interesting way to edit a tea ceremony.
Old April 16th, 2009, 05:22 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiuChung Leung View Post
Great job! The DOF was stunning!

Did you filmed a Chinese tea ceremony in that wedding? I have some trouble to get it right. I just did a basic 2 camera shot for tea ceremony. I've been struggle to find new angle to shoot and interesting way to edit a tea ceremony.
Yeah we filmed the traditional 2 with the bride and groom parents. This was our first time filming a totally traditional one with all the gifts and stuff as well (previous week we did one but that was held at the actual western ceremony). So I can't say if we got it right or not but it was difficult to film as it was quiet low light at the brides house with the DOF adapter ( insert 5D here :P ) and also was very tight space with heaps of people around and 3 photographers. I think we did as best as we could, one camera targeted the bride and the other the parents with detail shots and just wanted to make sure we captured the emotion and interaction. but I certainly would have liked to get better shots in a perfect world.

Keep in mind our edits are 30 minutes max so I compress time and juxtaposition footage so I think it will work quiet well. I guess once you see the highlight you can be the judge of that. Actually I should be asking you for any tips with editing as I know you've done quiet a few now?
Old April 16th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Szilveszter View Post
Yeah we filmed the traditional 2 with the bride and groom parents. This was our first time filming a totally traditional one with all the gifts and stuff as well (previous week we did one but that was held at the actual western ceremony). So I can't say if we got it right or not but it was difficult to film as it was quiet low light at the brides house with the DOF adapter ( insert 5D here :P ) and also was very tight space with heaps of people around and 3 photographers. I think we did as best as we could, one camera targeted the bride and the other the parents with detail shots and just wanted to make sure we captured the emotion and interaction. but I certainly would have liked to get better shots in a perfect world.

Keep in mind our edits are 30 minutes max so I compress time and juxtaposition footage so I think it will work quiet well. I guess once you see the highlight you can be the judge of that. Actually I should be asking you for any tips with editing as I know you've done quiet a few now?
We did Chinese tea ceremony over 10 times I still have trouble to make it look right. We used 2 cameras to capture the event. One camera on chess level at parents side pointing to the couples and the other camera on the couples side with a lower level. Most of the time, the parents face will look down at a lower level so the lower camera can capture their facial expression. The chess level camera will capture the couples face as well as the tea cup and other gifts.

The difficult part is the tea ceremony is
1) nothing much happen, so the viewer may feel boring.
2) the chess level camera have to many things to do (CU on tea cups, CU on gifts, MS/2 shots on couples, WS on the event).
3) lighting is difficult since both parties block two sides of the light and videographer/photographer block the rest of them. It was quite dark in the middle where passing the tea cup and the gifts was happening. The light on parent's faces, couple's faces and their hands are quite dark.

At the moment, the best solution for us is advice the parents to do the tea ceremony in a better position with more light. Still working on how to solve the 'boring' problems. About the editing, if there were lots of conversation during the ceremony then you have nothing to worry about. However, half of the tea ceremony we filmed don't have much conversation going on. I have to cut between shots and try to make the ceremony tea shorter.
Old April 16th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Great looking stuff... I especially liked the shot of the couple on the pier that was perfect.
Tom Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #8
Major Player

Looks pretty good Peter. Love the sword shot rack focus. The shot on the wood runway with the bride and groom walking must have been a shaky one. I noticed you had to slow motion that segment. Enjoyed it, thanks for sharing

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 05:06 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa View Post
Looks pretty good Peter. Love the sword shot rack focus. The shot on the wood runway with the bride and groom walking must have been a shaky one. I noticed you had to slow motion that segment. Enjoyed it, thanks for sharing

Monday
Wasn't the shake that was the issue it was a wandering camera as the Merlin and the wind are not best friends. :P
Old April 21st, 2009, 06:57 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Szilveszter View Post
...it was a wandering camera as the Merlin and the wind are not best friends. :P
Yes I know of that all to well :/ Happened Sunday on a music video shoot I had. They are not the best of friends ^_^
Monday Isa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery