Wedding Tralier to share at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 20th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Wedding Tralier to share
Niall Megahey Niall Megahey is offline April 20th, 2009, 03:52 PM

This is just a short clip from a wedding i did at the weekend.. Im using a sony z1, theres one shot with a canon hv30 and the stedicam shots were done with a merlin. trying to go for a more cinematic feel with the music. would love any advice on how i could make this better!

cheers all..

Wedding Trailer on Vimeo

Niall Megahey
Regular Crew
Views: 1205
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #2
New Boot

Niall is there a flash frame in there around 27 seconds?
David Hutchinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Regular Crew

yeah david your right i dont know what happened there :) well get that sorted. thanks for that.
Niall Megahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #4
Trustee

Hi Niall (cool name, by the way),

I liked it. Had a nice feel to it. Good shots. The audio is very well done. You followed the music well, used his voice over effectively.

For suggestions, I guess I would say try to tell more attention to the flow of the story. It came across a little bit as just a bunch of shots put together. Too many jump cuts. Like the very beginning you could have switched the first two shots. Start with bride, go to dress, back to bride. Use more cutways if you have them.

Some of the hand held is a bit too shakey for my taste. And you use a lot of low angle shots. Low angle is fine, but it got to be a bit much. Liked the low angle, however, of the groom smiling with arms crossed, them cutting to closer. That was really nice.

I didn't like the merlin shot going to the arch that then reverses.

If you have just the one reception shot of them dancing, perhaps you should end on that. It's a very nice romantic shot. And it feels weird to see that, and them they're outside on the beach.

Just my 2 cents...
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Trustee

Niall,

Was I too rough on you?
Old April 24th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hay Vito! Ha ha, no you wer'nt rough at all :) I just havn't had a chance to write back!! Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to the clip.. I agreed with everything you said and changed a couple of things.. Like the dance shot, the first shot and cleaned things up a bit more.. Thats why i love this site because you can get a great second opinion!

thanks david for pointing out the frame that was off. i had md looks added when i was playing it. it dos'nt playback very well when MB is added..

Thanks again for taking the time to comment

Niall
Niall Megahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #7
Trustee

Whew! you had me worried there...

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery