DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Very short wedding intro for review (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/234640-very-short-wedding-intro-review.html)

John De Rienzo May 4th, 2009 03:41 PM

Very short wedding intro for review

Would appreciate feedback on my current wedding edit. Apologies for no more footage but I'm working on it!

Cheers.

http://derienzo-videoproductions.co.uk/intro.wmv

Ethan Cooper May 4th, 2009 05:39 PM

The good:
1) Opening shots were very nicely composed and I liked the color work done on them
2) Shoes on the banister were a nice touch

The not as good:
1) Your company logo thing with the light rays is a different aspect ratio as the video. Small thing but bothersome
2) I've got a decently fast connection and it took forever to load
3) You lost me as a viewer when you started doing the ramping and quick focus stuff, IE the focus on the flower. I just didn't seem to fit the pace you had going and was used too many times in a row.
4) Why no shots of the bride or groom except the poorly executed full screen at the end? I really think you could have thrown a nice bride shot in there and maybe a good couple shot as well. It needed to go somewhere other than just pretty city shots and a nice shoe shot concept. Maybe a snippet of audio from the ceremony would have added to it as well.

Again, like I always say when I review someone's work on here. I'm almost always more picky when I like the work or when I see potential in someone's stuff. So if it seems like I'm picking you apart it's cause your stuff is good.

Matt Barwick May 4th, 2009 06:05 PM

Hey John,

I liked it for the most part. Great colouring in the opening scenes, as well as the cutting to the beat of the track gave it a great feel.

Couple of things that could've improved it IMHO.

The volumetric light (trapcode shine?) with the opening titles is a bit overdone these days (this is probably just a personal taste thing...)

Some of the initial titles (eg "a wedding film" & "starring") were cut in the middle by the horizon which looked wrong to me. Maybe try offsetting them to a corner or using different background footage?

I loved the quality of the detail shots but I'll echo Ethan in saying that I would've liked to see some footage of the B&G or some audio bites to set up the day.

I don't have a super fast connection but the download was very slow for me too.

Cheers,

Matt.

Ray Johnston May 4th, 2009 09:37 PM

I had no problems downloading. I agree with Ethan's comments, but just want to add one thing. You had a black and white scene (dress) and then transitioned to what appeared to be sepia (room/rail). To me you should stick with one or the other (probably sepia) for continuity, or at least separate the footage between the two types. Each has its own feel, and when place back to back it sorta messes up the "feel".

Also as stated by others, you should have at least have some shots of the bride and maybe the groom.

Great opening shots!

Hope this helps! Thanks for sharing!

Ray

Oren Arieli May 4th, 2009 11:20 PM

Any chance you can upload a smaller file for those of us with short attention spans and limited bandwith?

John De Rienzo May 5th, 2009 03:35 AM

Thx for all your great advice and comments.

I have only just started this edit, it's not a trailer or highlights, but I see what you mean about shots of B+G.

I have just edited 7 weddings back to back so one can get fuzzy eyed and it's good to take a step back to get back into perspective.

We have some of our best footage we have filmed later, so I am trying to make this our best edit.

Apologies for the slow server, but I don't want to put on vimeo yet for certain reasons.

Cheers