Short Teaser - Glidetrack Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Short Teaser - Glidetrack Footage
John Moon John Moon is offline May 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM

This was a wedding we filmed last weekend. Has some Glidetrack footage in there. A simple tool used just right can really add a cinematic touch.

Northernlight Filmworks-Indianapolis Wedding Video: Emily & Clint - Columbia Club

John Moon
Major Player
Views: 1632
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Nice teaser. I like how you incorporated a few GT shots and didn't overuse it. Good stuff. The interviews with the B&G were nice too.
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Travis.
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Nice work!
Those big bright windows in the church look like a pain to expose correctly.
The glidetrack is great, i love mine too.
Hubert Duijzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert Duijzer View Post
Nice work!
Those big bright windows in the church look like a pain to expose correctly.
The glidetrack is great, i love mine too.
Those windows were a pain. We had 4 lights to help compensate. Arri 650 and 3 Lowell 250 watt. It helped a lot on the mid to closeup shots but the windows were still killers on the wide shots.
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #6
Major Player

Well, this is my first post here, so hi to all :) , and I should agree that the Glidetrack is a superb addition for some really good-looking shots in weddings, especially preparations (and the above video makes nice and elegant use of the GT). It's also extremely easy to setup and use, provided you know what to do with it. We own one for a couple of months now, but it hasn't been used to a wedding yet, just for a mini-documentary about nature and a tv-commercial and it did great. But we plan to use it very soon in a wedding that the bridal room will be comfortable enough to work with it properly.
Dimitris Mantalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris Mantalias View Post
Well, this is my first post here, so hi to all :) , and I should agree that the Glidetrack is a superb addition for some really good-looking shots in weddings, especially preparations (and the above video makes nice and elegant use of the GT). It's also extremely easy to setup and use, provided you know what to do with it. We own one for a couple of months now, but it hasn't been used to a wedding yet, just for a mini-documentary about nature and a tv-commercial and it did great. But we plan to use it very soon in a wedding that the bridal room will be comfortable enough to work with it properly.
It does add some depth to your production. This is also useful during the wedding if you plan accordingly. We use it in the aisle during the ceremony to do a lateral slide or set it next to the seats and do a push toward the couple. If you have a 3rd camera, use it on a tripod to do a few reveal shots during the ceremony.
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:13 PM   #8
Major Player

I haven't ever thought about the idea using GT in the ceremony because of the bad habit of Greek weddings that everyone wants to be standing up and near the couple (and this translates to mayhem). But I ike so much your idea of that kind of use, that I will have to find a workaround in the church. Thanks! :)
Dimitris Mantalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #9
Major Player

awsome

hey John is there a steadicam shot at 1:18. Man i got to say it awsome. What cam did you shot it with John and look like Final Cut pro for edit right??? again Awsome work thank you
Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Nguyen View Post
hey John is there a steadicam shot at 1:18. Man i got to say it awsome. What cam did you shot it with John and look like Final Cut pro for edit right??? again Awsome work thank you
Thanh, thanks for watching. No Steadicam. I will be getting the Steadicam Pilot. I have actually become quite proficient with using a monopod and I use some of the techniques you would actually employ with a Steadicam or Glidecam. Walking properly and the use of arching will help. We shoot with Canon A1's.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery