New highlight clip to share at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 11th, 2009, 07:26 AM   #1
New highlight clip to share
Niall Megahey Niall Megahey is offline May 11th, 2009, 07:26 AM

Just a next day edit to share, Used a Z1, hv30, merlin & a glidetrack.. any thoughts, comments welcome..

Niamh & Shane highlights on Vimeo

Cheers :)

Niall Megahey
Regular Crew
Views: 956
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #2
Major Player

I thought this was beautifully executed, but a few minor touches could have made it even better. Groom should have been mic'd so his (and her) vows would stand out better. Natural sound was a great addition to the beginning, but I felt that the ending wasn't nearly as lively. Maybe stretching the vows out..or having them a bit later in the song would have kept the pace going. Some of the steadycam shots were fly-by quick, which would have worked better with a faster song. All in all, a very well shot SDE (I know how tough they are to pull off).
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Major Player

Very nice...

Change up the flying with some closeups, or extreme angles. It's easy to get dizzy after awhile..
The fly around on the bed was cut short....

I saw the dress coming aroung the bed, but then it cut away to something unrelated...
The dress came back after about 2 or three clips....

Otherwise, nice work....
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hay Oran

Thanks for watching the clip. I must clear one thing up , it wasnt a SDE :( I wish! It was done the day after.. I would love to do one but think i would have heart failure if i tryed one on my own! yeah your right about micing up the Groom. im quite pissed of with myself bout that! they just arn't clear enough..
I know what you mean bout the faster steadicam shots.. but i have to say i do like the odd fast merlin shot with slow music like the piece i used, but i did do too meny of them! I need to slow down a bit!! :)

Thanks again for the comments.
Niall Megahey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery