Latest wedding highlights at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 14th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #1
Latest wedding highlights
Darren Smith Darren Smith is offline May 14th, 2009, 12:56 AM

This was from a jewish wedding earlier in the year, it was a great experience to cover such a festive event, hopefully I have done it justice, feedback would be appreciated.

here's the link - should be the 1st video, Louise & Ilan
Wedding Videos on the Sunshine Coast

Darren Smith
Regular Crew
Views: 964
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:18 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Darren

a beautiful piece with a great choice of music. Loved the opening scene which caught my eye. A great mix of gliding and static shots. Would've loved some underlying audio during the throwing up of the groom and perhaps other parts - I felt that was the only thing missing.

A couple of minor things:
1.07 the transition seemed long which made the cross-over feel a bit uneasy
2.42 the cut from one scene to a similiar scene could possibly have been broken up with a different shot

Great work and loved the feel. What adaptor are you using?

Cheers
Dean Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the feedback Dean

I might have another go at the transition at 1:07 it does feel a bit arkward. I agree on the other comment, I was trying for a bit of a cut shot but didn't really work. I wanted more audio but struggled to fit it in, will definately have another look though.

I'm not actually using an adapter, that is straight from xha1, with a bit of colour work in post.
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey Darren,

Nice job - tight edit. Nice pacing, great choice of music and nice feel overall. The stabilised footage and opening shot worked really well too. Jewish weddings I always find really challenging getting a decent angle during the ceremony but you did well.

Nothing major, but a couple of very small nitpicky things...

at 2:50 the whites are blown out in the guys shirt
at 3:50 looks like it may have been on auto and the focus changes from the couple to the trees in the background

I did a 'double take' with the rabbi then realised I've shot 2-3 weddings with him previously.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Matt.

P.S. Where's the breaking of the glass shot? - small *not so funny* joke there...
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barwick View Post
P.S. Where's the breaking of the glass shot? - small *not so funny* joke there...

Very funny....$#%^$#@ photographer ! was in so many shots could hardly not be intentional. Anyway the focus thing was my attempt at shift focus to create a bit of DOF.

I see what you mean about the shirts, but they are not really the focus so thought could get away with it. Thanks for the feedback Matt really appreciate it.:)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery