Save the Date Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 27th, 2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Save the Date Video
Michael Padilla Michael Padilla is offline May 27th, 2009, 11:56 AM

Hi everyone.. I posted a save the date video that we shot last week.. its a quick cut and thought I would share. I was using the Varizoom Zero Gravity tripod on a boat with the XHA1.

here's the link:Save the Date - Michelle + Dan on Vimeo

Feedback welcomed!

-M.

Last edited by Michael Padilla; May 27th, 2009 at 05:04 PM..

Michael Padilla
Major Player
Views: 1123
Old May 27th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #2
Major Player

Feedback - Maybe I should just stop shooting.. I wonder if there is anything else I can do?
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:19 AM   #3
Major Player

my comment

My comment are you 3 on a boat and there is not much to see i or the change of footage. Pretty much the whole video are on the boat only last few are on the ground. I don't know if you know what i'm talking about. I'm not a pro "yet" but that what i can give you as my comments.
Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:41 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I have to agree. While the exposure, color and framing were good I didn't get a real strong feeling from the piece.
In my mind I see a save the date as telling some sort of story and I just didn't get that feeling but again, what is there is nicely done.
Perhaps the next one you might be able to add in some other locations or voiceover or interviews with the couple to highlight the upcoming date.
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks.. yeah I guess there's not too much to add here on this one.. we are going to cut again with the interview we shot; but generally we just say "ok, where do you guys want to go/do?" and the boat thing is what they wanted.. but we really don't shoot a lot of date videos any more. Once we got off the boat it was already time for us to leave so we kinda rushed along the interview shots on land - got what I got etc.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery