DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   FUN Save-the-Date video! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/236954-fun-save-date-video.html)

Ian Lim June 8th, 2009 07:25 AM

FUN Save-the-Date video!

Guys, hope you'll enjoy this one! :D

Simon + Debby - Save the Date! on Vimeo

cheers,

Ian

Noel Lising June 8th, 2009 08:01 AM

You do such cool Save the Dates, you have the same style as SODE weddings. Thanks for making me hate my work again. LOL. Once I buy my HD cam, hope you can share how you color grade your work. I'll send you an email.

Ian Lim June 8th, 2009 11:42 AM

Thanks a lot, Noel! You can email me anytime :D

Actually we have other 'styles' too, you can check 'em out in our website or facebook page :D

Appreciate any feedback and comments ^0^

Richard Wakefield June 8th, 2009 12:43 PM

loved it so much, it immediately made me want to go out and shoot a Save the Date - trouble is, i had no-one to film and there were alot of black clouds in the sky :)

brilliant, Ian...

Paul Mailath June 8th, 2009 03:03 PM

Fantastic - I don't really see the point of save the date videos - and I want to shoot one now!

Travis Cossel June 8th, 2009 03:35 PM

What a great couple! You guys seem to have an abundance of camera-friendly couples down there. You did a good job capturing their personalities, and the car-rig shots came out great too. Would you say you did a lot of directing or did the couple just act out spontaneously?

The only thing that sort of bothered me was that it didn't feel like the video was ever really going anywhere. It's a subjective thing, though. I just tend to prefer a video with some sort of identifiable purpose and motivation. To me this felt like a montage of fun shots but nothing more. But like I said, there's nothing 'wrong' with that, it's just not what I prefer.

Ian Lim June 8th, 2009 04:45 PM

Thanks again guys!

@Travis: It's a combination of both, I think. While we direct most of the shots (approximately 80-90%), based on what we think 'fits' for the couple, it also depends on the personalities of the couple. We have a 'talk' session with them before we shoot.

You're probably right about 'the video has no purpose and not going anywhere' :D A bit absurd, maybe... but actually this is our 'style'! :D The couple likes to driving around and eating junk foods (doh!), also the groom-to-be is a big fan of John Mayer. The whole idea of this video is to show their personalities, what they like, and as an online invitation (save the date), it should be surprising, fun and entertaining, isn't it? :D

Travis Cossel June 8th, 2009 06:35 PM

Well, great directing to you then, Ian! Some of the stuff was obviously directed, but a lot of it came off pretty naturally, and that's awesome.

And by the way, just to be clear, I wasn't saying a video HAS to have a purpose. I couldn't disagree more. It's just that 'I' prefer to watch a video with a purpose. If this is your style, and it's what your couples want, then by all means stick with it!

Susanto Widjaja June 8th, 2009 07:21 PM

I gotta say, very well made save the date video.

I love the neon lights.. they're always a goodie..

and yeah, apart from having the fun couple, the directing is also great. I think its quiet obvious.

Well done fellow Indonesian! (hey.. that rhymes..)

Santo

Eric Pasarin June 8th, 2009 07:50 PM

Great rhythm through the piece. Direction always makes a good video better. Yet it still shows that they're having fun and being themselves. Great shots of her jumping on his back and the part where they pull up their sunglasses and do an eyebrow motion.

lots of interesting scenes of 'their lives' which is what it's about. Excellent job. I'll now jump through the rest of your vids :)

Ian Lim June 9th, 2009 09:42 AM

@Travis: Sorry for having misinterpret your comment :D Anyway, thanks a lot!

@Susanto: Allow me to say thanks in Bahasa: "Terima kasih!" :D

@Eric: Glad you love it!

Louis Maddalena June 14th, 2009 06:57 PM

My only suggestion is loose the url in the center of your video... if you really feel like somebody would steal your video, then at least move it to the corner so its not distracting from the actual video watching.

Ian Lim June 15th, 2009 08:07 AM

Hi Louis, thanks for your suggestion, actually I couldn't agree more :D But we have seen at least twice -- some local 'videographers' have cropped our videos (because we have 'em watermarked in the corner). Then using the 3/4 cropped footages, they're 'doing business' before we caught 'em in the act :D

Kuswendy Yasukin June 20th, 2009 10:11 PM

Hi Ian,

we have not officially met yet :) But I do follow your great piece of work, I mostly agree with Travis's comment.

I would say its a great piece of work especially in your Directing and Camera movement, you could bring out the couples personality to the next level and I think the video depicts what a funny couple they are and you put the message very clear to me.

Great piece of works, keep producing.

Best Regards,
Wen