Anuja + Nirav's Bollywood Movie Premiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old June 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #1
Anuja + Nirav's Bollywood Movie Premiere
Kevin Shahinian Kevin Shahinian is offline June 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM

On Saturday we premiered Anuja & Nirav's Bollywood concept movie to one of the biggest audiences I have ever seen at a wedding (almost 600, but to me it looked like 1000). It was an amazing 3-day celebration that culminated with the couples' big-screen debut. We're pleased to present Anuja + Nirav in "Dil Jaanta Hai (The Heart Knows)" to you all and we hope you enjoy the movie!

Blog love: ANUJA & NIRAV’S BOLLYWOOD CONCEPT MOVIE PACIFIC PICTURES | The Official Blog | 800.677.7206 | info@pacificpictures.net

Vimeo action: http://www.vimeo.com/5047320

Thanks!

Kevin Shahinian
Regular Crew
Views: 2985
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #2
Major Player

oh my god...i've watched the first 30 seconds, and i'm already deadly impressed!

ok, now i've watched some more....it's absolutely amazing!

i wish i had been one of the 600 people to watch it on the big screen

this is really really professional, you must be so proud of the final result!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Major Player

Great stuff,

Really enjoyed that.

Cheers.
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Major Player

Kevin

Kevin

You are something brother. i watch your other one too and i was amazed with the way your direct and shoot the film. I got a lots to learn from the pro. Look like only Indian people have the money to do it hihihihi. Just wondering what is the budgest for the film this one the Tum hi ho. I like the Tum Hi Ho more it freaking fun. How many crew does it take to do this film and the Tum Hi Ho hhehee. Again you are awsome. I wish i live near where you are to peek in your work heheheh. Thank for the share brother
Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #5
Major Player

Great Job Kevin! You're really developing a niche here. Where can I get those flashing backlights from? They only rentals or can 1 purchase them? Thanks for sharing

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Richard, John, thanks guys. Glad you like it.

Thanh, you are welcome anytime my friend. Thanks for the compliments.

Monday, believe it or not the flash effect was achieved by riding the exposure on the camera. Those are four Mole Richardson decapods. Hope that helps. Love your quote btw.

-K
Old June 9th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #7
Major Player

Kevin that was fantastic.
my question is did you write that story completely from your own imagination or is that based on how they actually met? Because that would be quite something.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:20 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Djeezus, when I see what you guys do I feel like an absolute beginner, this has nothing to do with weddingvideo anymore, that was shot and directed like a movie. Very impressive.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #9
Major Player

That was awesome. Clap, clap, clap.
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #10
Trustee

Kevin, fantastic as always. Like others, I just have to wonder where the clients are for this sort of production. heheheh But I guess that is my fault for living in Idaho (where you say? Drive 12 hours north of LA, then away from the big body of water for 8 more hours. Is suppose that answers why we don't have the big clients!)

I dancing scenes were great fun to watch. The fathers on the phones sections was very very well done. The timing must have been interesting. Did you have readers standing in for the kids when the fathers were talking and vice versa for the kids?

Great cinematography. I do have to wonder if you actually shot the opening sequence with a DOF in camera, or applied it in post (my guess is in camera). The butterfly was well done. Was that stock or did you have that custom animated?
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Great stuff all. Thanks for watching.

David, the script was more or less original. We sat down and talked about how their father's sort of set them up and it all sprang from there. Everything else was written for the film.

Jason, thanks man. You know what I keep saying: think outside your market. Truth be told most of our clients live outside LA. Likewise, I think clients who are looking for something extraordinary tend to search for it outside their immediate communities. As for the DoF on the butterfly shot, it was done in post. The butterfly itself was custom animated by our friends at Bentlight Digital; I think they did a superb job.
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:25 AM   #12
Major Player

awesome awesome! Hey was that old guy who said "use it or lose it" already a famous actor? I recognize him from somewhere...
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Great work Kevin! Loving the colors!

Awesome opening shot. Very hollywood-ish... or should I say bollywood-ish :-)

You probably got this gig from your last Indian wedding (Neil + Jigna). I see Neil as part of the backup dancers.

Keep it up and keep'em coming!
Old June 10th, 2009, 04:52 PM   #14
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang Wen View Post
awesome awesome! Hey was that old guy who said "use it or lose it" already a famous actor? I recognize him from somewhere...
Might be this?
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #15
Regular Crew

That was absolutely beautiful and looked like loads of fun - can only imagine the reception it got.

That opening establishment shot of the hospital was a killer.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery