DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   First model bride video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/237226-first-model-bride-video.html)

Ricci Ocampos June 12th, 2009 05:49 AM

First model bride video

Comments welcome shot with ex1, steadicam pilot, letus extreme, sv8 w/ mbl and lots of energy drink...... http://www.vimeo.com/5070781

Don Bloom June 12th, 2009 05:59 AM

there's no link.

David Schuurman June 12th, 2009 06:08 AM

I appreciate the minimalist approach, but I didn't find it very riveting. the images didn't capture my attention. I wasn't sure on the length either.

jk,jk... no link...

Ricci Ocampos June 12th, 2009 06:57 AM

Oppssss sorry

Here it is THE BRIDE on Vimeo

Susanto Widjaja June 12th, 2009 06:57 AM

Love it!!!

Omg.. love the flying shot across the river.. extreme DOF was beautiful.. strong coloring with the mbl.. everything is there.. except... the link..

sorry.. can't help myself..

Santo

Susanto Widjaja June 12th, 2009 07:03 AM

Still love it!

Hi, sorry, I posted my post right before you post the link.

I've watched it and my "guess" comments wasn't far off.

My only critique would be that it was kinda too long and the pilot shots is losing its "wow" over time. extreme shots was beautiful though. I'm sure the bride will be very happy seeing this.

so.. still.. LOVE IT!!

Santo

Ricci Ocampos June 12th, 2009 08:10 AM

Thanks

Santo , your right ive noticed that too , maybe cutting the song or fading it out shorter will make it better. What do think about the color corection through MBL, not sure about it. Any suggestion or stick to the natural colors. Thanks sorry about d missing link

Susanto Widjaja June 12th, 2009 08:14 AM

I think the color is great! can't go wrong with that.

shortening it will work wonders and have a much greater impact.

don't love your steadi shots too much.. just get rid of them!!! hahaha

I know the feeling of wanting to put every steady shots in the piece.. I'm that kinda guy.. but now I'm learning to just pick 1 out of 5.

Ricci Ocampos June 12th, 2009 08:36 AM

Got it

Im not that fun with steadicam anyway, theyre heavy and have to wear that SWAT VEST. So no choice 45 minutes of carrying that thing and only 1 steadyshot to put in is nothing but adding insult and injury to my back. Hehehe letus shots still rule... Any other comments welcome

Don Bloom June 12th, 2009 09:03 AM

Ricci,
It was pretty good but for me there were a couple of things that kind of got to me.
One it was too long I would cut the song by about 1 minute or 1:30-also, IMO there were too many shots of the photog working, some of the steadicam shots were a bit wobbly and finally the freeze frames of the bride that you turned didn't do anything for me.
Now having said all that, overall it was nicely done but I think it could be tightened up a bit.

Ricci Ocampos June 12th, 2009 09:58 AM

thanks don

I know, shorten it a little bit. Maybe a different song. The video was actually made for the photographer so i have to put some still shots and spiral it a little bit. But otherwise i like your observation and comments. Thanks don

Ricci Ocampos June 12th, 2009 07:25 PM

more comments welcome

thanks for any comments

David Schuurman June 12th, 2009 08:10 PM

I enjoyed the work but I have to agree with the other comments made about length and too much steadicam. It's forgivable though.

Was that a real bride on her wedding day? because it really didn't seem like she was very happy, nor was there anyone else around, she also gave "modeling looks" alot.

just curious.

Ricci Ocampos June 12th, 2009 08:37 PM

shes a model

but once a bride... shoot basically for the photographer in action with the model bride.....yeah we want something different away from 123 say cheeseeeeeeeeeeeee smile.. kinda,,,, thanks david i appreciate your comment...

Mark Schlicher June 13th, 2009 10:46 AM

comments

Overall, some very nice work.

Shorter duration will make it more effective, both for your client the photographer, and for you.

Lots of good Steadicam operating. Loved the low mode stuff. I think the biggest weakness in the Steadicam work was not "too much" of it, but the seeming lack of purposefulness of some of it. In other words, more of the shots should "land" somewhere. The shot should lead you to a destination (in most cases the bride), and hold a lockoff. As it is, too many of the shots just feel like they're cut off in the middle....we're being led somewhere but never get there. Also, watch your headroom, and slow down sometimes.

You could also smooth some of the transitions with dissolves. Dissolves are often overused, but if you use a few, they can be a welcome and effective variation.

My 2 cents...