DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   For the guys only... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/237728-guys-only.html)

Stephen J. Williams June 21st, 2009 12:47 PM

For the guys only...

somewhat of an interesting groom prep video... thoughts. This is my first time editing a video in this ""way""

Untitled on Vimeo

Jason Robinson June 22nd, 2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 1161506)
somewhat of an interesting groom prep video... thoughts. This is my first time editing a video in this ""way""

Untitled on Vimeo

You have a pretty good edgy look, but in my opinion, you need to cut the music track down about another 10dB (or more) in order to even understand the people talking at the reception. The reception footage has a lot of echo and crowd noise so it is pretty hard to understand any way.

I did like where you had the guys hold the camera on themself, I'm sure you got better reactions than if you held the cam.

Overall it looks like you had a good rapport with the guys (which can sometimes be hard) though these guys seemed pretty ready to let loose for the camera.

Good job.

For the coloration, I am not a fan of heavy coloration / effects so I probably wouldn't have used it as much. But I'll never know if I like it until I try it, so good job for reaching out and trying something new.

The real question is "Does the bride & groom like it?" Forget what I have to say if they like it. A happy customer gives a referral. And that is what matters.

Stephen J. Williams June 22nd, 2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Robinson (Post 1161901)
You have a pretty good edgy look, but in my opinion, you need to cut the music track down about another 10dB (or more) in order to even understand the people talking at the reception. The reception footage has a lot of echo and crowd noise so it is pretty hard to understand any way.

I know... to me the audio from the groomsmen ruins the video for me. I made the video and then went back to add in the audio off of my H2 that was plugged into the DJ booth for the crystal clear sound. But, I forgot to hit the record button... I was so upset and really didn't want to take it out. I always mess something up where it ruins what i was going for.

Thanks for taking the time for some constructive criticism.

Steve

Oleg Kalyan June 22nd, 2009 11:03 PM

It was fun, great beginning, at times it felt a bit slow down of the energy, cutting was the reason.
For mixing music Jason already mentioned. Have to agree on a bit artificial coloring.

Otherwise a great piece!
Cheers!

Stephen J. Williams June 23rd, 2009 02:23 PM

Oleg...

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I think I should rethink the look. I just bought "MB looks" so hopefully i'll be able to accomplish something that looks nice, but not over the top.

I'll fix the audio...

If you "pro's" on here are somewhat happy with my work, then I think the B&G will be pleased.

Steve

Travis Cossel June 24th, 2009 05:12 PM

That was pretty fun. I actually thought the coloring fit the music and the theme of the video quite well; felt 'grungy'. I totally agree that you need to drop the audio under the toasts if you're going to use the toasts. Even if the toast audio was good you should still drop the music so the two don't compete with each other.

Some of the 'getting dressed' stuff slowed the video down .. partly because of cutting but also I think because you weren't doing the same camera moves during that part that you were doing at the beginning.

All in all, though, it was a fun watch. I'm sure the groom will love it.