Thoughts on my latest video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old June 26th, 2009, 01:38 AM   #1
Thoughts on my latest video
Rishi Kumar Rishi Kumar is offline June 26th, 2009, 01:38 AM

This was a promo piece for myself, best work I did thus far, however I still think I have room for improvement, could use your opinions!

This is a password protected video on Vimeo

the password is vimeoaccount101 (I didnt want to show the client the video b4 im actually 100% done with this, so I had to password it)

Rishi Kumar
Regular Crew
Views: 1386
Old June 26th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #2
Major Player

Rishi - nice work. I thought the opening sequences moved a little slow for me. While this matched the tempo of the music, sometimes its a cool effect to have an alternate pacing (faster) on the video. Also, those 360 glidecam shots make me dizzy. An alternative is to something closer to 180 than glide out at the end ( just a personal preference). I thought you captured a lot of emotion and I liked the out-takes with the closing credits. Overall good job!

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

hey im using a steadicam merlin instead of a glidecam...i tried the glidecam recently, i didnt like it...

but thanks for the tip on the dizziness with a 360 degree steadicam shot, i didnt think of that personally...its a good point for next time..
Rishi Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Major Player

Rishi....

Cool idea with the ending credits, very natural. I think you need to de-interlace your footage. The interlaced lines were very distracting to me.
I also thought even though the shots were nice and well composed that the opening was a little slow. Maybe you could mix some of the "slow" and the "fast" together.

Still a great video. The B&G will love it.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Rishi....

Cool idea with the ending credits, very natural. I think you need to de-interlace your footage. The interlaced lines were very distracting to me.
I also thought even though the shots were nice and well composed that the opening was a little slow. Maybe you could mix some of the "slow" and the "fast" together.

Still a great video. The B&G will love it.

Steve
i was tryin to mix the fast and slow together, i couldnt, so i kept it seperate...i am showing the B&G tommorow at their post wedding party...cant wait to see what they think!
Rishi Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #6
Major Player

Nicely done Rishi. Post back on how they all like it.
Kevin Duffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:14 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I suppose you didn't use 5D2 for video, as there was lots of interlaced artifacts.
Though your stills were far superior to video, I think your video can be improved
to be on par with stills.

Also couple of shots of just Brides jewelry (all of them) would add to video.

Use of Merlin was done nicely.

What camera and lens did you use?

Just my 0.02
Ramesh Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #8
Trustee

Very nicely done. I liked the capture of emotion with the tears at 2:06. You also did a nice job with incorporating the stills to add to the video that you shot. With your smooth pan/zoom, it was hardly obvious that they were stills. I also thought the credits at the end with PIP was a nice touch.

I didn't understand the shot of the groom counting money at 2:30. I assume it was a gift but there was nothing to support that in the previous footage. There was also some camera sway in your opening shot. I assume this was a stabilizer balance issue. But overall I really enjoyed your piece.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Duffey View Post
Nicely done Rishi. Post back on how they all like it.
I showed this video to them at their 2nd reception (dont ask.. lol) and I got a ovation right after...everyone ooh and ahhed and laughed at the right times... so i guess thats all that matters in the end of the day right?
Rishi Kumar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery