Fun bride prep clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:43 AM   #1
follow up Fun bride prep clip
Vito DeFilippo Vito DeFilippo is offline July 3rd, 2009, 11:43 AM

Hey all,

Here's the follow up to the groom prep I posted here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/wedding-e...prep-clip.html

I'm tending to a much simpler style lately. More focused on telling the story, and less on flash effects, more use of natural audio. This one is basically cuts with a couple of dissolves, no slow motion at all.

Here's the link:

http://www.nosmallroles.com/domenica_h264.mov

Would love to have any feedback as usual, especially with the change of style.

Thanks!

Last edited by Vito DeFilippo; July 3rd, 2009 at 02:27 PM..

Vito DeFilippo
Trustee
Views: 1195
Old July 3rd, 2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Major Player

Vito, I don't think this is you. The Stephanie Wedding opening shot was awesome & attention grabbing. I can't say the same for this one.

My 2 cents
Old July 3rd, 2009, 03:04 PM   #3
Trustee

Hey Noel,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Lising View Post
Vito, I don't think this is you. The Stephanie Wedding opening shot was awesome & attention grabbing. I can't say the same for this one.
You probably mean Stefania and Andrew? That was a highlight clip which I treat much differently. That's meant to be a four minute wow session.

This is the bride prep which is in the body of the main video, so I leave it much simpler and with the focus on telling the story of the day. It's a little out of context cause it's lifted from the complete video. The highlight stands on its own and has to grab your attention from the get go.

Quote:
My 2 cents
Absolutely! Be ruthless! If you find my reasoning a poor excuse for a bad video, lay it on me.

When I finish a highlight for this couple, I'll post it and get you to tell me what you think.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 03:19 PM   #4
Major Player

Yup I mean the Stefania wedding. I am not saying this video is bad but now I know, I am comparing a highlight video against a Bride prep.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:58 PM   #5
Trustee

Hi Vito, here's my 2 bobs worth.. but remember... I'm short on experience and long on opinions!

I liked the feel of the whole piece, nice and relaxed. The audio at the start seemed to be lacking something but as soon as she starts speaking it works.

There's also a zoom in on the cleavage which stands out a little - I have to watch for that in my footage.

The shot of her standing by the window is the first recognisable shot which related to the grooms piece and I wondered if it would have tied together better with more of those - perhaps a picture of the groom on her dressing table?

I didn't like the audio there - "what a body" it seemed like it was the photog who said that.

I learn something everythime I watch - thanks for sharing
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #6
Major Player

Ciao Vito...

Good work once again. I really dug the natural feel of this video. Everything was well shot once again. This is just a great example to me of how a video can look awesome without all of the effects and steadycam shots, ect. If done right of course...

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #7
Trustee

Hey Paul,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mailath View Post
Hi Vito, here's my 2 bobs worth.. but remember... I'm short on experience and long on opinions!
I'm tough, so I don't mind. Or at least, I'm good at pretending I'm tough...

Quote:
There's also a zoom in on the cleavage which stands out a little - I have to watch for that in my footage.
Too me, that depends on the couple. This particular couple couldn't care less, I'm sure, about a little cleavage shot. There are other clients that wouldn't go for it for sure.

Quote:
The shot of her standing by the window is the first recognisable shot which related to the grooms piece and I wondered if it would have tied together better with more of those - perhaps a picture of the groom on her dressing table?
That's a good point, actually. I should go back and make them tie in together better. Thanks for that.

Quote:
I didn't like the audio there - "what a body" it seemed like it was the photog who said that.
Yeah, it was, and usually would be way inappropriate. But this particular photog was a good friend of the family, so I included him more than usual, and gave more leeway to what I would include.

Quote:
I learn something everythime I watch - thanks for sharing
And I learn something every time I get feedback. That's the beauty of this place.

Thanks so much for taking the time to check it out and comment.

Cheers,
Vito
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #8
Trustee

Ciao, Steve,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Ciao Vito...

Good work once again. I really dug the natural feel of this video. Everything was well shot once again. This is just a great example to me of how a video can look awesome without all of the effects and steadycam shots, ect. If done right of course.
Thanks for the kind words. That's a bit of a pressure reliever, cause I wasn't sure if the more natural approach was too bland. Thanks a lot.
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Hey, Vito, that was pretty good I thought. The nat audio at the very beginning felt a little too quiet, but once the bride started talking and the music kicked in I forgot all about that .. so maybe it works in the context of the full film.

Some of the handheld shots were too shaky for my taste, but most of them were stable enough. Color was also mostly good.

I think the best thing about this piece was the authenticity it carried. I've been exploring authenticity a lot lately, as I don't want my own films to reach a point where they look awesome but don't carry a true story. You kept it real, and kept it interesting. Nice work.
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:59 AM   #10
Trustee

Hey Travis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
Some of the handheld shots were too shaky for my taste, but most of them were stable enough.
Well, it was all hand held...I included some that were not stable cause I find it a bit more verité for this style. I dunno why.

Quote:
Color was also mostly good.
Holy cow! I'm on the edge of you liking my colour treatment! Maybe the next one is the one...

Quote:
I've been exploring authenticity a lot lately, as I don't want my own films to reach a point where they look awesome but don't carry a true story.
That kind of what I was shooting for. I've seen a couple of postings lately that seemed to be all about the beauty shot. At first you're amazed, but a minute into it you're bored cause the story's not there. It made a big impression on me and reminded to shoot and edit in a way that allows the couple to pop in their video and actually relive the day a bit.

Quote:
You kept it real, and kept it interesting. Nice work.
Thanks, Travis.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery