DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   All 5D MK II SDE - Destination Wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/238609-all-5d-mk-ii-sde-destination-wedding.html)

Luke Raymond July 7th, 2009 03:07 PM

All 5D MK II SDE - Destination Wedding

Adlina & Sunni's All 5D Destination SDE on Vimeo

More Info:
Adlina + Sunni’s Vineyard Wedding SDE | Imago Cinematography ? Edmonton Wedding Video Blog

Luke

Matt Barwick July 7th, 2009 05:28 PM

Really nice job - great imagery. Must have got a great reception.

Not sure if you want comments/critiquing or not, but...only things that stood out for me were that a few of the opening shots could've looked better if they'd been locked down. And - the slider shots were beautiful and smooth but in a couple of them I didn't like seeing the shot hit the end of the slider - could've been cut just prior to the finish.

The above didn't detract from the overall piece though - great job!

Luke Raymond July 7th, 2009 06:23 PM

Matt,

Thanks for the reply. By "locked down" do you mean in terms of exposure or tripod?

Everything we shoot is in manual mode on the 5D. If you mean tripod, we use a mix of tripods and shoulder rigs. I'm still getting used to shooting with the rig. It's awesome, but often my arms get tired of holding it up - leading to some extra shake. I do like the look of shoulder rig shots most of the time though. They seem more natural.

Luke

Matt Barwick July 7th, 2009 06:38 PM

Hey Luke - no worries.

Yeah - with 'locked down' I was referring to a tripod or similar. There's certainly nothing to fault exposure wise :)

I love the natural look of the shoulder rig too. The 3 shot sequence after the car (from 0:22-0:34) is an example of what I was referring to. It would've tightened up what was already a great piece just a little.

Cheers,

Matt.

Joel Campos July 7th, 2009 07:22 PM

Great job Luke. I love the images from the camera. May i ask what your wedding day workflow is in crafting your SDE? Do you edit in the native H.264 or do you transcode as you go? Thanks for sharing!

Luke Raymond July 7th, 2009 08:18 PM

Hi Joel,

Thanks! For our workflow we edit and colour grade in h.264 and then drop into an HDV sequence and render it out.

Luke

Joel Campos July 9th, 2009 12:23 AM

I've been reading a lot about what a pain it is to edit in h.264. Do you run into a similar problem...especially when strapped for time? I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. =)

Luke Raymond July 9th, 2009 09:43 AM

Joel,

I haven't had any significant trouble with editing in h264. One trick I learned is don't render anything inside of the h264 sequence. Wait until you finish. Otherwise, the sequence plays choppy.

This is in Final Cut Pro by the way.

At the end of editing, rendering takes maybe 20-30 mins, then I make last minute changes and it's good to play.

Luke

P.S. I really enjoyed your wedding story feature for Jeremy and Pam. It's cool to see the 'love story' done in a new way.