DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Love Story - "Dream within Dream" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/238631-love-story-dream-within-dream.html)

Thanh Nguyen July 8th, 2009 12:50 AM

Love Story - "Dream within Dream"

This is my latest work for the pass 3 day i have been edit. Check it out any critic are well take for a better future. I still need some final touch up but i post it up so you all can check it out.
This is a password protected video on Vimeo password: jmngo

Thanh Nguyen July 8th, 2009 01:56 PM

NOT in HD

I just notice this Video is not in HD on vimeo. Why? My original is HD H.264 1280 x 720 at 158.21MB. Does anyone know why it not showing HD on Vimeo????

Jack Tran July 8th, 2009 04:06 PM

While im waiting for it to load, the reason its not in HD is because you have already used up your 1 HD for the week.

You should upgrade to PLUS if you plan on uploading quite a few videos to vimeo (which i think you soon will).

Comments to come.

Paul Mailath July 8th, 2009 07:07 PM

terrific idea - I really like this

I was goind to watch it again and make some specific points but Vimeo is saying it's temporarily unavailable

Thanh Nguyen July 8th, 2009 07:30 PM

New Version of the Video

Hello All

Thank you for viewing my work because the video it not in HD so i deleted the video and uploaded to my other account with Plus so here it the Video again sorry for any inconvience This is a password protected video on Vimeo password: jmngo

This version it the final version added the dream effect and she appear from the book fairytale kind of thing heheh so enjoy again.

Hello Bro Jack

Thank you for point that out for me heheh i didn't remember about the limited 1 HD a week. So i upgraded to Plus and now i'm good to roll.

Hello Paul

Thank you for watching my video. I took it off because it not showing in HD so i move to my Plus account please review them again.

Joel Campos July 9th, 2009 12:13 AM

Hey Thanh,
Great concept. I just have one critique about the opening and that is to be very careful to not make your sequences too "cutty" (for the lack of a better word). The opening sequence was shot well but the multiple angles and additional edits made it feel a bit long and drawn out. I'm assuming the opening was to establish the characters? Looking at the quality of your shots you could easily use half your shots and create a quality sequence that is half as long. A good place to start trimming would be with your wide shots (establishing shots).

I hope this little bit of advice helps. =)

Stephen J. Williams July 9th, 2009 11:12 AM

Thanh...

I like the story. It's very creative. What kind of camera are you using?

I really enjoyed the video you put together. It could have been a little shorter but say that not having any relation to the B&G.
The zoom at 2:40 is a cool shot...But I think it would have looked better if you shortened it down. The part that caught my eye is where the zoom changed speeds.
The fade in and out at 3:14 also looked odd to me because the two clips are so similar.

Overall... I liked it a lot. The composition of the shots and the story line. You must have shot everything dozens of times to get all of the angles. Good work

steve

Thanh Nguyen July 9th, 2009 05:15 PM

Version2

Thank you Joel

This is a password protected video on Vimeo password: jmngo2 this is version 2 of it.

I took your advice and shorten the video a little bit by cutting out the wide shot. Yes the opening is to establish the characters. Your critic are very helpfull for me, keep it coming please. I tend to have a habit of using most of my footage heheheh that why it make the intro long. The previous one i had the same problem too (This is a password protected video on Vimeo password: vqqnguyen). This video was shot before that one but not edit untill now. This was my 4 wedding and the 2nd love story that i did. I have one more i'm editing now. It will be up soon.

Hello Steve

Thank you for stopping by to critic my work. As always i really need all the comment so i can make it better next time.

most of the time when i post my work i have a description of gears that i used but this time i though i post so many time already so people already know what i have that why didn't post gears used. so here it is

2 canon Xha1. If you see steadicam shot that is one of the A1 and anything else is on my other A1 for Aroll. I hate to re-balance my Merlin so use an A1 just for the Merlin. I also took your advice and shorten the intro so check it out. At 2:40 because of the zoom and the grass out of focus in the foreground that why i keep the clip long.

The fade at 3:14 is to the music. You are right it the same clip but i made fade to black because you see the music he's out of breath and he came back with a long tone. The deep black is to match with the out of breath lyric hope you know what i mean.

I used 2 cam but the other cam are just for steadicam shot not for a second angle. Most static clip you see is from one cam and done in 3 take. The part they sitting it easy dont have to do 3 time just ask them to sit and talk and just get about 15sec of each angle. Well that enought said. I hope i will get more critic and comments about my video. Enjoy.

My 1st Love Story Phuong & Phuong Love Story password: ppnguyen
2nd Love Story Vinh & Quyen Love Story password: vqnguyen
3rd Love Story Johnson & Maria "Dream within a Dream" password: jmngo
3rd version 2 Johnson & Maria "Dream within a Dream" v2 password: jmngo2

the 3rd is shot before the sencond one but not edit untill now

Susanto Widjaja July 10th, 2009 07:19 AM

Thanh... I'm sorry this one doesn't do it for me. I like your previous one better. I think its mainly because its too long.

and I know this is a very subjective opinion, but I don't like the song... Its just too poppy.. oldy.. in other words.. cheesy..

The revealing composition of the girl was unnatural.. although maybe it was meant to be unnatural..

I can definitely see some improvement and can tell that you're working hard and very into prewedding films, which is what I'm into as well.. and still learning..

I can't say that I'm an expert but I'd love for you to have a look at some of my prewedding films. You may not or may learn something there. I'll post a thread for my new one soon.

My advice, watch a lot of movies. romantic comedy in particular and see how they cut the movie and how they structure the story.

Everytime I story board my films, I always think about the audience. What do I want to tell my audience, how do I tell them that and when should I tell them. It is all about the audience. I know its about the bride and groom, but hey! they are the audience now.

Sorry!! This may be a harsh comment but there you go, I hope you take it the right way. Like I said, I'm no expert, but I believe I was giving the right advice. at least I think so :P

Santo