DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Short Cinematic Trailer - Jordan & Julianna (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/238739-short-cinematic-trailer-jordan-julianna.html)

Travis Cossel July 9th, 2009 11:09 AM

Short Cinematic Trailer - Jordan & Julianna

I thought it was time to share one of my own trailers. This is a short trailer (90 seconds) for a huge wedding. Enjoy!

Preview Trailer for Jordan & Julianna's Wedding on Vimeo

Jason Robinson July 9th, 2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 1169379)
I thought it was time to share one of my own trailers. This is a short trailer (90 seconds) for a huge wedding. Enjoy!

Preview Trailer for Jordan & Julianna's Wedding on Vimeo

Very slick. For me, the colorizing seemed a bit too much. It was pretty darn yellow / orange in there. But other than my personal taste for the colors, the shots were great, nice glidetrack in there, the pace was great and it built up nicely.

Travis Cossel July 9th, 2009 12:13 PM

Thanks for watching, Jason. The coloring decision was twofold. First, the primary color at the wedding (and this was a big deal) was a vibrant orange. Second, this church had horrible lighting (no stage lights AT ALL), as all light was bounced off of the ceiling and created a reddish cast. So I chose to color everything toward orange for these two reasons, but primarily because it was the bride's color choice. It would have looked better in a well-lit church, but oh well. It's always something, right? d;-)

Jason Robinson July 9th, 2009 12:23 PM

No doubt. I was just in that chapel earlier this year and the lighting was horribly orange. I can see the reasons (as well as the bride's colors).

Art Varga July 9th, 2009 12:57 PM

Travis - that was great. What a clever way to deal with the orangy hue we are always trying to color correct out of church footage. The color theme really worked for me. Great opening shot!

Art

Stelios Christofides July 9th, 2009 02:09 PM

Well done Travis. The editing to the music was great especially the beginning and the ending. I always like your choice of music. Do you change the colors within your NLE or is it an add on program?

Stelios

Travis Cossel July 9th, 2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Varga (Post 1169429)
Travis - that was great. What a clever way to deal with the orangy hue we are always trying to color correct out of church footage. The color theme really worked for me. Great opening shot!

Art

Thanks! But like I said, I was initially coloring towards the bride's primary wedding color initially, so I don't know how clever I was with the church stuff. d;-)

The final video will actually be more neutral and less orange. I just went bold for the trailer.

Travis Cossel July 9th, 2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides (Post 1169455)
Well done Travis. The editing to the music was great especially the beginning and the ending. I always like your choice of music. Do you change the colors within your NLE or is it an add on program?

Stelios

Thanks for the comments Stelios! Glad you liked the music, as I specifically went for something epic due to the size and scope of this particular wedding. Regarding the coloring, I do everything within Final Cut Pro .. no add on program.

Matt Barwick July 9th, 2009 05:45 PM

Nice work Travis. Great suspenseful build up and perfect audio choice for this kind of trailer. Very slick.

Makes me want to see more!

Cheers,

Matt.

Franklin Bencosme July 9th, 2009 05:52 PM

Hey !! Travis great TRAILER, nice MUSIC(??? name),very dramatic to the beat.
Nice work,makes you feel hungy to see more video!!

Franklin !

Garry Garza July 9th, 2009 06:32 PM

Very powerful Travis!

I love orchestral music.

Cheers!

Adam Haro July 9th, 2009 09:41 PM

Great trailer. I thought the color worked great.

Kevin Duffey July 9th, 2009 10:16 PM

Nice work! I would love to know for any of you that have worked with Adobe Premiere CS4 and After Effects CS4.. and Final Cut Pro..which you prefer for overall capabilities, smoothness of editing video, and so forth? I use Adobe myself and love it! Just curious if it's more of a "this is what I started with so stuck to it" or "I tried both and FC is way better.." sort of opinions.

Thanks.

Travis Cossel July 10th, 2009 12:27 AM

Matt/Franklin/Garza/Adam - Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments!

Kevin - Thanks for watching, but I think you might want to start a new topic for your question.