DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   An SDE that morphed into a Highlight (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/239421-sde-morphed-into-highlight.html)

Mark Von Lanken July 21st, 2009 09:49 AM

An SDE that morphed into a Highlight

We decided to surprise Justin and Amanda with a Same Day Edit. The right couple, the right guests, the right venues, etc...equals a great marketing oppourtunity. Rick and Sarah Pendergraft of Tulsa helped us out on this one. Sarah has some sweet high angle shots in this edit.

What we showed that night is about 80% of what you are going to see. When we got back from the wedding and took a look at what we did, we decided to go ahead and tweak it and turn the SDE into a Highlight.

Oklahoma City Wedding | Oklahoma Heritage Center | Von Wedding Films.com

Peter Manojlovic July 21st, 2009 10:25 AM

I absolutley love your style...Congrats.

I noticed the low light, and no noise in your footage...
Are you shooting progressive, and if so, what camera are you using..Very well done in low light..

Jim Snow July 21st, 2009 10:47 AM

VERY well done. I like the way you integrate shooting style elements in a way that supports the story and presentation. The result is a highly professional piece. The only minor problem I had was the low angle shot of the bride's back early in the clip. It isn't flattering to her. It makes it look like she has a back problem. But that's a small point; overall I loved your piece.

Mark Von Lanken July 21st, 2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Manojlovic (Post 1174489)

...I noticed the low light, and no noise in your footage...
Are you shooting progressive, and if so, what camera are you using..Very well done in low light..

Hi Peter,

Thanks. We use the Panasonic HMC150. That was shot in 60p. The church had some dark spots, so I did a combination of 6dB gain, 9 dB gain and 6dB gain with 1/30th shutter. 9 dB of gain is the max I like to go. Some find 12dB gain acceptable, but I limit it at 9dB.

I do really like the way the HMC150 footage holds up in lower light shooting conditions.

Mark Von Lanken July 21st, 2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Snow (Post 1174504)
VERY well done. I like the way you integrate shooting style elements in a way that supports the story and presentation. The result is a highly professional piece. The only minor problem I had was the low angle shot of the bride's back early in the clip. It isn't flattering to her. It makes it look like she has a back problem. But that's a small point; overall I loved your piece.

Hi Jim,

Thanks. We were very limited with the amount of Bride prep we had to select from. I wish she would have booked us for more prep time, but you get what you can with the limitations you are faced with. Thanks for watching.

Charlie Branham July 24th, 2009 06:33 PM

highlight

Mark, as always you shine!!! I love your work & tell the family hello!

Charlie Brown