An SDE that morphed into a Highlight at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 21st, 2009, 09:49 AM   #1
An SDE that morphed into a Highlight
Mark Von Lanken Mark Von Lanken is offline July 21st, 2009, 09:49 AM

We decided to surprise Justin and Amanda with a Same Day Edit. The right couple, the right guests, the right venues, etc...equals a great marketing oppourtunity. Rick and Sarah Pendergraft of Tulsa helped us out on this one. Sarah has some sweet high angle shots in this edit.

What we showed that night is about 80% of what you are going to see. When we got back from the wedding and took a look at what we did, we decided to go ahead and tweak it and turn the SDE into a Highlight.

Oklahoma City Wedding | Oklahoma Heritage Center | Von Wedding Films.com

Mark Von Lanken
Major Player
Views: 1064
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM   #2
Major Player

I absolutley love your style...Congrats.

I noticed the low light, and no noise in your footage...
Are you shooting progressive, and if so, what camera are you using..Very well done in low light..
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Trustee

VERY well done. I like the way you integrate shooting style elements in a way that supports the story and presentation. The result is a highly professional piece. The only minor problem I had was the low angle shot of the bride's back early in the clip. It isn't flattering to her. It makes it look like she has a back problem. But that's a small point; overall I loved your piece.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Manojlovic View Post

...I noticed the low light, and no noise in your footage...
Are you shooting progressive, and if so, what camera are you using..Very well done in low light..
Hi Peter,

Thanks. We use the Panasonic HMC150. That was shot in 60p. The church had some dark spots, so I did a combination of 6dB gain, 9 dB gain and 6dB gain with 1/30th shutter. 9 dB of gain is the max I like to go. Some find 12dB gain acceptable, but I limit it at 9dB.

I do really like the way the HMC150 footage holds up in lower light shooting conditions.
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Snow View Post
VERY well done. I like the way you integrate shooting style elements in a way that supports the story and presentation. The result is a highly professional piece. The only minor problem I had was the low angle shot of the bride's back early in the clip. It isn't flattering to her. It makes it look like she has a back problem. But that's a small point; overall I loved your piece.
Hi Jim,

Thanks. We were very limited with the amount of Bride prep we had to select from. I wish she would have booked us for more prep time, but you get what you can with the limitations you are faced with. Thanks for watching.
Old July 24th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #6
Regular Crew

highlight

Mark, as always you shine!!! I love your work & tell the family hello!

Charlie Brown
Charlie Branham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery