DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   wedding clip up for review (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/239646-wedding-clip-up-review.html)

Erick Munari July 24th, 2009 06:36 AM

wedding clip up for review

Hi everybody,
Here is a clip I just finished, please feel free to constructively criticize it.
Thank you for your time,
Erick

Taky Cheung July 24th, 2009 09:28 AM

I'm sorry English is not my first language. I'm just wondering, should it be "The wedidng of..." instead of "The marriage of... " or there is no difference? I think marriage is the day they got married till they died (or divorce.. hehe). The wedding will be what's be shown on the wedding day?

Taky Cheung July 24th, 2009 09:31 AM

I noticed there're some diamond shape lens flare at the beginning. My XH-a1 gives round lens flare.

Erick Munari July 24th, 2009 09:48 AM

Taky, you are very good observant.
English is not my first language as well. As for 'Marriage' and 'Wedding', I just copied what it said in they printed invitation, it does makes more sense to me too, to call it Wedding Day, and Marriage is what follows. But I looked up in the dictionary since you asked and it looks like one can be 'wedded' to people or even ideas as much as married to them, it seems like, either works. As for the diamond flares, you are right, they are from the HV20! I used the A1 after the rehearsal.
Thanks for watching.

Taky Cheung July 24th, 2009 09:53 AM

To be honest with you, I didn't watch the entire clip. it's freaking 45 minutes.. .hehehe

I also wouldn't mention about not using tripod. It's not something to be proud of unless you use some sort of steadicam.

I jumped to certain part of the clip. Vimeo only shows black video with sound. I noticed, pretty much the entire time is just music. Do you put any actual sound bite to the video?

I have the same combination before, using XHA1 as main cam and HV30 as b-roll. It takes some work to match the output from each camera.

Erick Munari July 24th, 2009 10:01 AM

Its only 3 minutes long but all the other stuff that was scattered in the FCP timeline I forgot about came along with (songs only) I guess I'll repost the video.

Jason Robinson July 25th, 2009 10:53 AM

You have some great shots in there. A few of the things that stuck out in my mind are as follows:

-When the people were standing in the shade, they have too much of a blue cast, so consider using your favorite color correction method and bumping the blues on the mid toens down just a little.

-I would also have liked to hear a bit mroe ambient audio as well as the sound track.

Some people don't like longer length videos, but I thought it was pretty good. Mixing up the presentation a little (by using ambient audio or voice overs, etc) would speed up the perception of the video's length (for the better I believe).

Erick Munari July 25th, 2009 11:26 AM

Thanks Jason,
I did not notice the blue hue you mentioned, my computer doesn't show it but it is good to know it does show elsewhere. I agree about the ambient sound too. Please take the time to look at the other videos on Vimeo when you get a chance.
Take care,
Erick.