I hope I can film a wedding like this one day!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 24th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #1
I hope I can film a wedding like this one day!!
Stephen J. Williams Stephen J. Williams is offline July 24th, 2009, 12:01 PM

If you haven't seen this it's pretty funny and well thought out.

YouTube - JK Wedding Entrance Dance

steve

Stephen J. Williams
Major Player
Views: 4201
Old July 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Major Player

I saw this a couple days ago. I thought it was kinda neat but mostly I was wishing they spent more time on choreography and rehearsal. it just seemed like one of those last minute things you do to get a laugh but this one lasted for way too long. If it had been choreographed flawlessly then I would've liked it more.

it's cool that they did something totally zany so I gotta give them credit for that.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 01:04 PM   #3
Inner Circle

And this is why you hire a PRO to shoot the wedding video... almost made me ill with the shaky camera work, but then I realized it was probably "uncle Bob" doing the shoot...

It was cute and fun, choreography was passable considering, on par with the camera work... couldn't help thinking that a proper videographer with multicam could have made it about 100X better...

To me this raises the huge question - if this video had 1.6M hits/views and was this amateur, why is there so little perceived value in a "pro" wedding shoot???

Oh, and while I'm at it, do you think they had proper clearances on the tune <wink>?
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Schuurman View Post
I thought it was kinda neat but mostly I was wishing they spent more time on choreography and rehearsal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst View Post
And this is why you hire a PRO to shoot the wedding video... couldn't help thinking that a proper videographer with multicam could have made it about 100X better...
Wow, aren't you two the typical videographers! :)

They didn't do it for the camera, they did it for the moment. It just happens that there was a guest with a camera to capture it. Just because it's available for public viewing doesn't mean they did it with the idea it would be viewed by the public.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Regular Crew

So good!!! Bad camera, choreography and all, great!
Erick Munari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #6
Major Player

Ehh, can't say I'm much of a fan. Do that stuff at the reception entrance, not the ceremony. I guess they didn't get the memo.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I'm surprised the church actually let them do this. Or maybe they didn't know this was going to happen. Either way, it just seems to lose the sanctity of the wedding ceremony.
Gerald Labrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Labrador View Post
I'm surprised the church actually let them do this. Or maybe they didn't know this was going to happen. Either way, it just seems to lose the sanctity of the wedding ceremony.
I disagree. It's THEIR day, why not. It's about them. I wish I had more weddings like it to be honest. As for the church, if you watch the clip closely you'll see the minister on the altar smiling and moving around maybe wishing she was with them. It was choreographed to a degree according to the B&G who made the rounds on the A.M. talk shows today, but it was just a general type of thing more of a 'do your own thing' type of choreography.
Personally I wish I had been the one taping the job. It would really be something of a change of pace. Since last Friday, I have done 4 with 2 more coming and frankly in my mind they have all run together and looked the same. Even 2 outdoors ceremonies (btw, both got delayed almost 1 hour due to weather and were on 2 different weekends. Last Friday and yesterday Thursday, that's right, Thursday. They save lot's of bucks and had the reception with about 100-105 people on a boat that cruised around Lake Geneva Wi, which was actually pretty nice)
Anyway, IMO, KUDOS to those kids. Dance thru life and don't step on too many toes!
Old July 24th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Labrador View Post
While the church looked like it had traditional architecture, many churches are very non-traditional.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 04:31 PM   #10
Major Player

For me, I side with the OP, I would love to shoot a wedding like this. In the end, it is not the sanctity of the wedding but the sanctity of the marriage that counts (IMHO.) And I am glad to see a couple so excited about being together for the rest of their life that they dance to the alter.

I wonder if I start referring brides to this clip for ideas if I might find one that is as excited...
Old July 24th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #11
Major Player

I give them a lot of credits to do something totally different from your every day "so called the perfect wedding day" .
I wish more brides can watch this and change the perception of how a wedding day can be fun and not tense and uptight.
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #12
Major Player

I shot a wedding where the bridal party danced down the aisle to the song "he has made me glad" while a bunch of the children in their church ran up and down the 3 aisles waving streamers and flags, there was lots of clapping and twirling and dancing and then the bride and her parents stopped at the halfway point and got played in the rest of the way by the groom who serenaded then with "the way you look tonight". It was more a celebration of the marriage through dance rather than a joke like I see this one as being. And it also included half of a traditional aisle walk.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2009, 02:24 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Whether we view the rights or the wrongs of this video clip, the morality or not, the shaky video or not, the fact is, it's pulling in viewers.
It's captured the essence for a couple who wanted a wedding a bit different.
Personally not my cup of tea, however if that's what they want and the church agrees to it, then so be it.
Anthony J. Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #14
Regular Crew

This video, if you count all of the stolen versions now up on YouTube, has gotten over 6 million hits. Clearly, there is something compelling about it.

The song used, "Forever" is now number 7 in downloads on iTunes for all genres combined. I'm all about copyrights but what if the infringement is pulling in big bucks for the copyright holder? Chris Brown, et al, would have to be crazy to make them pull it.

Also, the video is not bad for a non pro IMO.
Denise Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:12 AM   #15
Major Player

Absolutely SUPERB!

We need more of this kind of stuff!
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery