DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Another short wedding teaser (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/239875-another-short-wedding-teaser.html)

Matt Barwick July 28th, 2009 12:05 AM

Another short wedding teaser

Hi all,

Been a while since I've shared some work so thought I'd pop this brand new piece up for review from the weekends wedding.

Barwick Multimedia | Aleisha & Jens

Would love to hear some thoughts/comments/critiques if you have the time.

Cheers,

Matt.

Richard Wakefield July 28th, 2009 03:08 AM

i thought that was really nice Matt...a model-looking bride, some lovely shots, and great audio.

it would look even better in HD - what are you shooting with?

Denny Kyser July 28th, 2009 10:56 AM

Very nice IMO, enjoyable to watch.

Stephen J. Williams July 28th, 2009 11:10 AM

matt.

as always "great job"... I really liked all the shots you had in there. How many times did it take you to spin the ring? I've practiced this at home with my wedding ring and it goes all over the play. Maybe you found the secret :-)

Steve

Matt Barwick August 1st, 2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 1177624)
i thought that was really nice Matt...a model-looking bride, some lovely shots, and great audio.

it would look even better in HD - what are you shooting with?

Hey Richard,

Cheers for taking the time to check it out and also the feedback - much appreciated.

This was shot on an XH-A1, downconverted to SD. There's currently zero demand for HD in my market although I am looking at offering it soon. Just a little hard to justify at the moment.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Barwick August 1st, 2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny Kyser (Post 1177775)
Very nice IMO, enjoyable to watch.

Thanks for that Denny - appreciate it!

Anthony J. Howe August 2nd, 2009 02:53 AM

Well put together, the spin of the ring was very good.
Great camera the XH A1.

Matt Barwick August 2nd, 2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 1177790)
matt.

as always "great job"... I really liked all the shots you had in there. How many times did it take you to spin the ring? I've practiced this at home with my wedding ring and it goes all over the play. Maybe you found the secret :-)

Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks for checking it out and your kind words. Much appreciated.

I have indeed found the secret to spinning ring shots and for 3 easy payments of $49.95 it can be yours ;)

Actually on this wedding I got the groomsmen to help me out with it. I did have them trying something different but it wasn't going to happen the way I wanted it to so we tried this and it came off on the 3rd or 4th go. A lot of my weddings are destination weddings (where I am the destination) so I often don't get to meet the bridal party beforehand, so letting them help out with something like this helps break the ice.

Thanks again!

Matt.

Susanto Widjaja August 2nd, 2009 05:42 AM

Short and Sweet

VERY NICE!!

short and sweet.. beautiful bride.. great audio... and a really funky twirling ring shot!!

that has got to be the shot of the day.. I would probably cut it before it drops though.

Well done Matt!!

Santo

Matt Barwick August 3rd, 2009 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja (Post 1179837)
that has got to be the shot of the day.. I would probably cut it before it drops though.

Well done Matt!!

Santo

Hey Santo - thanks for checking it out & commenting.

Good call cutting it a little earlier. Will do so in their highlights.

Cheers,

Matt.

Ian Lim August 5th, 2009 01:46 AM

Neat and flawless! All shots and editing are well composed. Well done!

Matt Barwick August 10th, 2009 04:02 AM

Hi Ian - thanks for taking the time to check it out and comment. I really appreciate it.

The word 'flawless' coming from you is quite flattering.

Cheers,

Matt.