DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Quite proud of the intro to my new clip :) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/239905-quite-proud-intro-my-new-clip.html)

Richard Wakefield July 28th, 2009 11:49 AM

Quite proud of the intro to my new clip :)

Hi all,

Ok, i filmed a close friend's wedding in france a couple of weeks ago. So it was a freebie, and I really didn't film that much (so maybe ignore 2/3 of it).

but it's the intro i'm proud of, and want to share:

Laurie et Rob - Wedding Highlights (from France) on Vimeo

ooh la la :)

Bill Engeler July 28th, 2009 03:14 PM

Great stuff! The intro was really good. I'd love to know where the aerial shot came from. The editing was top-notch, and the stabilized shots really give dynamism to the clip. Good grading as well. My only critique is the tiny typeface for the subtitles, unless all your clients have giant home cinemas.

Bill Engeler
wsfilm.be

Dennis Murphy July 28th, 2009 04:21 PM

Cool intro alright!
The music made me want to slash my wrists though :)

Richard Wakefield July 28th, 2009 04:30 PM

Thanks guys

yeah I can't say I'm at all keen on the song too but chosen by the couple and I agreed to it... But only coz they're mates!

re the subtitles - they are small yes, I wonder if there are infact guidelines or recommendations that anyone knows of? My friends have a massive tv so I guess it's ok :)

Asvaldur Kristjansson July 28th, 2009 06:06 PM

Great. My guess the aerial shot came from a still and the moving clouds are inserted. How the two clouds moved in the opposite direction was not convicing, better to let it move in the same way. The editing was good. The subtitles size was just right for me.

Oren Arieli July 28th, 2009 06:18 PM

I grit my teeth through the music, but enjoyed the visuals tremendously. Nicely shot and edited. But please, can we get a remix without the hee-haw tune?

Michael Ojjeh July 28th, 2009 06:54 PM

Country music in France ? It just did not flow for me with the music, it was so out of place. but you have very good shots :)

Tim Harjo July 29th, 2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 1177942)
re the subtitles - they are small yes, I wonder if there are infact guidelines or recommendations that anyone knows of? My friends have a massive tv so I guess it's ok :)

The subtitles are fine. Everything looks smaller on the vimeo screen. Sometimes, if I have time, I will make some of the titles bigger for vimeo. The bigger titles just look better for the internet, but look too big when you get them on a tv screen.

Richard Wakefield July 29th, 2009 04:01 AM

Tim - yep, exactly. i guess i was just saving time having the same size titles for the vimeo clip and for the DVD....coz i gotta get on and edit the paid jobs now!

haha, loving the hatred for the song. as i say, i was only doing what i was told with this particular one....and if you know my friends like i do, this song does totally match them. (no, they don't do line-dancing - you know what i mean!)

Asvaldur - OMG, you're totally right about those clouds! DAMN, DAMN, DAMN! well let's pretend there was some freak overlapping wind currents, going in different directions :)

Ram Purad July 29th, 2009 01:49 PM

Good work Richard. Enjoyed that. Loving your Color Enhancement. Keep it up.

Taky Cheung July 31st, 2009 10:27 AM

woow that's just a pleasure to watch this clip. You have really good framing and angling. Steadicam shots are great too. Thanks for sharing.

But then, the country music style kinda strange know the wedding was in france. =)

Carl Wilky August 4th, 2009 01:30 PM

That lil bitty song was a lil bitty annoying but i think you made it work with the clips you put together, specially for the photographer? that started dancing in the middle of the isle. But mates don't let mates pick bad songs. ;o)

Always been a fan of the work you do Richard. I watched the video from beginning to end and kept me interested.

I would have to agree concerning the cloud effect that you created, i would make sure they are going all in the same direction to be as close to reality as possible.

Lastly, Your colour grading was done using MB Looks?

Thank you for sharing, yet another beautiful and fun piece.