DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Trash The Dress shoot -- Vancouver BC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/239996-trash-dress-shoot-vancouver-bc.html)

Desy Cheng July 29th, 2009 11:56 PM

Trash The Dress shoot -- Vancouver BC

Hey guys, this is our first TTD! Let me know what you guys think!

Jen + Warren [TTD] RF Productions

And for the photos:

Jen & Warren [TTD] RF Productions

Ram Purad July 30th, 2009 12:15 AM

Desy,

Nice clip.

They TRASHED the dress alright. That was some big time abusing to the dress and to them selves. Seems likes these couple were up for anything.

Its funny how you used the paint in this clip, because we are about to do a trash the dress video next week with paint as the main ingredient. Will be posting that clip here once its done.

Keep up the good work.

Desy Cheng July 30th, 2009 08:47 AM

thanks!

just one thing that I suggest when you guys do the paint, bring LOTS of paper towel and loads of water so the couple can rinse them selves off afterwards. And garbage bags to put their clothes in when their done! I think it took the couple like atleast 30min to clean themselves off enough to get into their car.

Let me know when you have it done, i would love to watch it!

-Desy

Aaron Mayberry July 31st, 2009 08:03 AM

That was basically AWESOME

Phillip Barnett July 31st, 2009 03:30 PM

Awsome TTD video

Nice video. I enjoyed watching it. They really went all out on trashing the dress. I loved the boat location. I wish I had something like that around here.

Bob Safay July 31st, 2009 04:26 PM

Man that was great.

Trevor Troup August 1st, 2009 01:25 AM

great steadicam work too

Lukas Siewior August 1st, 2009 07:24 PM

Great idea but for me the mud was too much. And there is something odd with color correction. Some shots were too soft, some too sharp. That's my $.02 but I'm biased.

Ken Diewert August 2nd, 2009 10:06 AM

Absolutely loved it Desy!

Very West Coast. The couple were great subjects for the shoot.

Bill Busby August 3rd, 2009 03:19 PM

Nice stuff, but this is a somewhat upbeat tune and it doesn't "move" for me... the slo mo kind of spoils it.

Bruce Patterson August 4th, 2009 08:55 AM

Hey Desy, great to see another Vancouver company here!

I thought your clip was pretty good but there were a number of things that took me out of it:

- waaaaaay too much slomo especially given the song you were using - I felt myself practically begging for it to be cut faster...
- too many shots that were too far back. It would have given the piece much more depth to have a mixture of more tight shots
- the coloring seemed inconsistent between clips, particularly toward the beginning.
- the ketchup/mustard/paint splashing on the B&G thing would have been more effective if I hadn't seen something similar before here: Trash The Dress - Moscow on Vimeo and here: stillmotion photo + cinema blog // emotive art - Trashin' in Times Square (trackback link to this post) I just felt like I'd seen that so it didn't have any impact - that could be that I'm tired of TTD shoots, which is nothing really specific to you... :)

Obviously I "get" the whole shock value of TTD shoots, but this one just seemed to lack any kind of purpose - again, back to point 1 - I honestly think it could have been markedly improved by cutting the edit more quickly with a larger variety of shots.

Hope that helps!

Bruce

Steve Zugelter August 4th, 2009 09:12 AM

Overall, I think it was a great piece. They looked like they had a blast with it and that made it fun. I have to agree with Bruce on a couple points. The color is inconsistent and at points the whites are blown out. Especially in the beginning of the clip during the pie scene, the details of her dress are gone. Yeah, the slow mo killed it for me too, I wanted it to pick up and move. I think some clips were great for the slow mo, but mainly it took me out of it.
Lastly, the mustard and ketchup theme. I actually did a mustard and ketchup ttd over a year ago, then saw Patrick's, and I've seen a couple others since then. The one thing that caught my eye though, was her posing with the hotdog, which is very similar to the same pose SM had going on in theirs. Watch those whites man, they get hot rather quickly!

Desy Cheng August 4th, 2009 09:39 PM

thanks for your feedback guys! much appreciated!

I've taken those notes into much consideration and will definitely do my best next time (coming up september!)

Ian Lim August 5th, 2009 01:39 AM

Hi Desy, it's really a nice piece regarding your first 'attempt' of TTD! :D
Agree with others about the slo mo and inconsistent colors. Looking forward for your next videos!

Richard Wakefield August 5th, 2009 03:18 AM

beautiful shots, great glides, amazing crispness

BUT

i'm so sorry to say it but it was dreadfully painful to sit through. IMHO that whole piece should have been at 100% speed, to match the enjoyment factor, and also the song.

other than that, perfect!

also, def. seen that hotdog/mustard/ketchup idea before...but it's still brilliant the 2nd/3rd time around ;)