DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   I LOVE working with cool people- Destination SDE with Sony Vegas and two 5D's! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/244191-i-love-working-cool-people-destination-sde-sony-vegas-two-5ds.html)

Michael Gebben August 5th, 2009 05:01 PM

I LOVE working with cool people- Destination SDE with Sony Vegas and two 5D's!

We are from IL and just got back from an awesome wedding in Seattle, WA. It is very beautiful there. I just wanted to say how much easier it makes our job when we get to work with cool people who are into it. This was our 2nd travel wedding and they are a treat. Here's the SDE we did Michelle & Ben-Destination SDE-SEATTLE on Vimeo

Tech SPECs:

Two 5D's
Edited on Sony Vegas with cineform
Cinevate slider (best one out there)
Glidecam 2000

Michael Ojjeh August 5th, 2009 05:40 PM

Michael, you have some very nice shots, great Glidecam and slider work, well done :)
Few comments, the music was turned down too low when live sound was in, also you have some out of focus shots around 3.11 and 3.26, but overall you did a beautiful work, the B&G should be very happy :)

Thanks for sharing

Jason Robinson August 5th, 2009 05:50 PM

very slick productions & lots of fun to watch! You are completely right that a high energy fun couple make life practically a breeze.

I've noticed that with the high energy & fun couples the editing practically is done for me and the only real issue is "which of these great clips to use", and not the opposite not of "try to pick the best clip."

Glad to see some Vegas SDE action (and the glidecam). I bet the 5D has its own set of benefits (card based!) and hurdles (transcoding??) for SDE work.

Matt Barwick August 5th, 2009 07:57 PM

Nice job Michael - silky smooth particularly for an SDE. The subtle time shifting works well too.

Loved the sequence from around 2:25-2:40 after she puts her shoes on - that's just perfect.

Too true about how much easier it makes our job when couples are 'into it'

Cheers,

Matt.

Bryan Daugherty August 5th, 2009 10:04 PM

Micheal- that is a really awesome piece. What type of support gear do you find necessary when shooting with 5D's to get this level of result... Lighting, audio kit, etc. I am looking at these pretty seriously because we are already planning on purchasing at least one for one of our photog's...

Thanks! and again great work i really enjoyed it...

Richard Wakefield August 6th, 2009 02:01 AM

incredible! enjoyable and some brilliant shots....very well done!

(only very slightly let down by the audio mixing, some out of focus shots, and some guy watching you use the slider in the church, LOL....also, no slider shots that weren't floor-level? and maybe some more more of your great glide-camming next time please!)

update: just noticed you've said it was an SDE....well then, that clip is REALLY good!

Jim Snow August 6th, 2009 09:07 AM

Nicely done. I can tell you used Cineform because of the lack of banding, blockiness and muddiness. One of the dead giveaways is the walls. The shading transitions on walls due to uneven lighting are a real problem with the MPEG editing crowd. It's almost impossible to avoid banding when editing MPEG or other block compression formats. Did you edit this in 32-bit mode also?

I enjoy the artful use of shallow depth of field and focus transitions - - unless they are overdone; then it starts to look like - "Look at my new toy". Reduce the amount of these and the ones you do use will add a powerful touch to your work that takes it to a new level of professionalism.

Thanks for sharing a well done piece.