The first Wedding Trailer from me at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #1
The first Wedding Trailer from me
Thanh Nguyen Thanh Nguyen is offline August 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM

I don't know if this meet the requirement of so call cinematic trailer or not i just want to share and get comment on it so i could make it more better so here it is. Critic please anything

Vinh & Quyen Wedding Trailer on Vimeo

Thanh Nguyen
Major Player
Views: 1373
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #2
Major Player

Thanh....

Not a bad edit overall. I really dug the clip with the wedding program.
A lot of fast cuts and timed with the music kept me intrigued.
It was a little to long for me. there were a few similar shots in there that could have been taken out to shorten it all down. Of-course I'm saying this as an "outside viewer" the B&G would most likely like more then less.
The music was a little intense for me. I kept thinking that batman was going to be making a dramatic entrance at anytime :-)

great job.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Nguyen View Post
I don't know if this meet the requirement of so call cinematic trailer or not i just want to share and get comment on it so i could make it more better so here it is. Critic please anything

Well done overall. I like your non linear flow. It makes it more interesting - BUT you showed only the groom for the first 32 seconds! The focus should be on the bride EVEN IF the groom is your buddy. I don't think that your Alfred Hitchcock style camera shots add anything (You and your camera in the video). The histogram display on your camera won't be a big part of what the B/G will fondly remember about their wedding day. You need to duck the music background more when anyone is speaking. I really like some of the camera angles - nice touch. You also did a great job capturing the emotion of the day.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Major Player

Thank you Steve for you comment.

No batman Steve. Just Optumis Prime and Megatron will jump out. That music track is call "autobot" from the "transformer the core"

About the lenght. the track only 2:10 i make double because i like the track so much and if 2:10 it won't go anywhere. so i double it at right just before he said with this ring.

i'll bet ya she will say it too short heheheh. Thank you for your comment

Thank you Jim

I'm the not buddy with the gromm. The bride family are a good friend with my family. I know the bride more than the groom. The reason for his long appear was because of the vows i used his footage with his voice. Maybe i could do better next time i'll keep that in mind. I don't know Alfred Hitchcock style, at what time are you refer to in the video so i can check it out. I shot the bride side friend of mine shoot the groom side. historgram you mean the photographer camera?? I thought about the music lower when there are a voice on it but again i like to keep it constant because the sountrack are so good. You like the camera angle can you point at which time on the video so i know please heheh after all i'm learning so if you like that shot i know that it working. Emotion. Out of 7 wedding this is the only one that the bride cried the rest just and exhault face.

Thank you for you time reviewing Keep it coming more please
Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:39 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Nguyen View Post

I'm the not buddy with the gromm. The bride family are a good friend with my family. I know the bride more than the groom. The reason for his long appear was because of the vows i used his footage with his voice. Maybe i could do better next time i'll keep that in mind.

Starting a highlights piece with audio of the vows is a nice touch. One technique is to interleave the B/G audio in smaller segments for each of them. You can show a reaction shot from the bride when the groom is speaking and vice versa. In other parts you can show the B/G speaking in sync with the audio.

I don't know Alfred Hitchcock style, at what time are you refer to in the video so i can check it out.

Alfred Hitchcock was an eccentric personality. He always showed himself somewhere in every movie he produced - usually a figure in the background.

I shot the bride side friend of mine shoot the groom side. historgram you mean the photographer camera??

Yes, I'm talking about the camera at 1:43. Cameras in the background can't be avoided but I just don't think a camera getting a "feature" role in a wedding video adds much.

I thought about the music lower when there are a voice on it but again i like to keep it constant because the sountrack are so good.

There is nothing more important in the video than the vows. If that music means so much to you, play it when you lay down to go to sleep but don't overpower people speaking.

You like the camera angle can you point at which time on the video so i know please heheh after all i'm learning so if you like that shot i know that it working.

I like the impact of the low camera angles at 1:33, 3:00 and 3:24. Just don't overuse these or it will lose its impact and become a distraction.

Emotion. Out of 7 wedding this is the only one that the bride cried the rest just and exhault face.

Thank you for you time reviewing Keep it coming more please
Keep up the good work.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Snow View Post
Keep up the good work.
Thank you for giving me the "red bull" Jim that will help. Did you check out my other video??? let me know what you think
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:50 AM   #7
Major Player

The first Wedding Trailer

I posted this over in the Clip Gallery

I just want to post and and share with everyone

I don't know if this meet the requirement of so call cinematic trailer or not. I just want to share and get comment on it so i could make it more better here it is. Critic please anything

Old August 15th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #8
Major Player

I don't think you need permission to call your work cinematic. Seems like many of us are using that term to catch a couple's attention (myself included!). While the use of movie theme music is certainly a good place to begin building your cinematic trailer, there are other elements that are equally important.
Think about the last time you saw a zoom shot in a theater (Kung Fu movies don't count). Shaky footage in a cinematic trailer? Perhaps it would work in a Michael Bay film when the heroes run from the fireball coming from behind them. Generally, both don't work well in a cinematic trailer.
I felt that the pacing, especially at the beginning, didn't match the music. There were a few shots that included zooming just before the transition....looks like a mistake or poor judgement in the editing. Smooth camera moves are pretty much expected in the 'cinematic' style. If you don't currently use a glidecam or stabilizer, learn to use your body to make smooth movements like crane shots, and dolly shots. Play around with rack-focusing. Try to shoot a more shallow DOF (when possible). It is very difficult to create truly cinematic work in such a live situation where you have almost zero control over the environment. Therefore, learn to control what you can and then put it together in a way that creates a story. You were doing well with incorporating the vows, but when those were over, so was the story (at least for me). Feel free to stretch them out, bring in the emotion when the music hits its crescendo. And never EVER end on a weak shot. Your last shot was dark and had a camera bobble. A bit of edit tweaking and you can make this better. You have good footage to work with, its more a matter of the way you've assembled the parts.

My two cents, (which is exactly 1 cent more than they're worth).
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #9
Major Player

Thank you

Hello Oren Thank you so much for your comments that help a lot for my future video. I made some change to the video so here is new link. Nothing much just take the fade out and removed the end clip

Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery