DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   4th of July Wedding using 5DII (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/278345-4th-july-wedding-using-5dii.html)

Ramesh Singh August 14th, 2009 01:27 PM

4th of July Wedding using 5DII

4th of July Wedding using 5DII

My first 5DII Wedding. Please bring me down from cloud-9. What can be improved color correction, transitions, effects, clips sequence, ...

Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome.

July 4th Wedding on Vimeo

Thanks,
Ramesh

Shaun Conner August 14th, 2009 03:04 PM

I couldn't watch the whole thing because I have to get on the road, but one thing you can fix is the audio. The vows only come out on the right side and not the left. Go back and check your audio settings.

Bill Vincent August 14th, 2009 07:23 PM

Hi Ramesh,

Nice work! Did you shoot the entire wedding with the 5D? My feeling is that there is too much shallow DOF overall. It kind of dulls the sweetness of a really powerful shot using shallow DOF when every shot is like that, IMHO. Even in theatrical releases DOF is used sparingly. Just something to be aware of, if you already aren't.

The color and overall look is beautiful. Shaun is right about the audio - you've got some unmixed stuff in there.

Overall the couple should be pleased, they have some beautiful footage to remember their wedding by.

Bill

Ramesh Singh August 15th, 2009 09:28 AM

Shaun, you are right. I missed that one, it is on right side only. I will spread them to stereo.

Bill, I had couple of HV30s for backup, but I haven't included their footage in highlights (still working on mixing 5DII with HV20). Compared to 5D2, HV30 footage needs lots of enhancements. Luckily I had good light in ceremony.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Scott Hayes August 16th, 2009 04:07 PM

love the look of the 5D, probably should go that route myself, BUT, the shot of her sitting
on the couch, it looks like a slow tilt down to her boobs, as she really isn't doing much. you might want to replace that shot with some emotion from her. I dont think I would hang on the vows all the time either, drop in some stuff from the photoshoot, spice it up a bit. audio has already been mentioned.

Mark Ganglfinger August 16th, 2009 08:15 PM

I love it. I am really having to think hard about replacing my aging XL1s with a 5d now.
I love the shot of the unity candle with the bridesmaids in the foreground, but I know if I tried something like that I am sure someone would complain "hey, the bride and groom are out of focus! blah,blah,blah.."
I think I would have to agree with mixing it up more with some more in focus "storytelling" shots.

Ramesh Singh August 22nd, 2009 01:36 AM

Scott & Mark, There is always chance someone saying about focus with DOF. But I have been lucky as B&G have really liked the highlights. And if it comes down to that, I will be inserting HV30 footage.

Do you guys see any dropped frames or action is smooth enough?