Our SDE - we didn't prepare enough beforehand at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 26th, 2009, 04:36 AM   #1
Our SDE - we didn't prepare enough beforehand
Rochelle Morris Rochelle Morris is offline August 26th, 2009, 04:36 AM

Hi,

First post, however hubby has been arounf here for awhile.
Some of you in Aust will already know me through the AVPA so it'll be good to chat properly with you guys now.

We filmed an SDE last Saturday. Normally we would prepare a couple of weeks (if not more) in advance. For this one, b/c of various committments, we were so under prepared. Dean had listened to the song a few times, but had not done his ususlu markers. We barely had time to talk about the types of shots we wanted get. Fortunately however, we had filmed an SDE a forthnight prior.

So for my first post, I'd like to share this SDE which actually came out pretty good:

John & Christina - Same Day Edit on Vimeo

Rochelle

Rochelle Morris
AVPA
Views: 1617
Old August 26th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Rochelle,

Very nice job! You guys managed to get a lot of great shots and incorporated them well. What was the reaction when you played it that night? Also, what type of stabilization rig are you guys using?

Thanks for sharing - I really liked it!
Bill Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:07 AM   #3
AVPA

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the comments.

We got lots of laughter & lots of applaudes. It was a fun clip so we achieved our goal.

Dean uses a glidecam 2000 with an FX1. I have a glidetrack which I have my Z7 on.

Rochelle
Rochelle Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:11 AM   #4
Major Player

Go oz...!!!

Rochelle I loved it a lotssss...!!! bloody impressive! I'm so happy for you

Seriously entertaining and heartwarming. You guys did really tell their story well..

Now to the serious part (simon cowell style), A few comments from me:

1. The magic shot when she's in tears on her vow should have bigger volume although it might add some noise but who cares!, its magic!

2. well done putting the first dance on an SDE! brave move!!!

3. Love the arm wrestling as the opening

4. you should have put your company name at the end there sitting in pride.... cause bookings are coming!

5. I'll see you next week at the awards night! we'll have a big chat about your SDE!

Santo
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:22 AM   #5
AVPA

Go Oz...!!!

Hey Santo,

I so cannot wait to meet you at the awards night next week...

Lol...audio, yes, Dean toyed with playing around with it more in post - but then it wouldn't have been the SDE. If the tear was visible, then it would've been even more WOW...

Our biggest flaw is forgetting the end credit...really have to prepare that on the laptop HD & save

I'll chat with you on the night...

Rochelle

Last edited by Rochelle Morris; August 26th, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
Rochelle Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #6
Major Player

Your work is very polished and professional. You and your husband are to be congratulated!
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #7
Trustee

Terrific job! It flowed very well; it told the story well and captured the range of emotions that can make a wedding so joyous. Great shooting too! I was impressed that you were able to include the first dance in a SDE. You must have been working fast and furiously! I watched it several times just to enjoy the great job that you did.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Really, really nice work D & R :) - you should be very proud of this one! Beautiful storytelling.

The end sequence from 3:30 onwards with the cutting between the dance and meeting is an absolute killer! Keep it up.

Cheers,

Matt.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery