Unconventional Engagement session at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old September 17th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #1
Unconventional Engagement session
Lukas Siewior Lukas Siewior is offline September 17th, 2009, 07:57 AM

I would like you guys to take a look at my latest project. We shot it last Sunday in NYC. The B&G are leaving for their wedding to Poland but they wanted to have a video of them in the Manhattan but not a typical love story style with a lot of "love" :-) They picked the music - a Polish rock song about leaving the USA and heading back home to Poland to see girlfriend. To make it even more complicated for myself I tried Sony Vegas for the first time working on this video... and I start to like it... once I get used to the interface :-)

Enjoy: Monika & Lukas trip to NYC on Vimeo - password: monika-lukasz

Lukas Siewior
Major Player
Views: 1176
Old September 17th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Trustee

Very fun indeed! Good angles too. The fast motion scene was very slick. The color's looked nice too.

I would cut way back on the vignette effect (blurred edges) but that is just my personal preference. I've never been a fan of using that effect for an entire production. Possibly just for a few shots to make them stand out, or to communicate something like a POV effect, but not for a whole production. Again, just my opinion.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:41 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
Very fun indeed! Good angles too. The fast motion scene was very slick. The color's looked nice too.

I would cut way back on the vignette effect (blurred edges) but that is just my personal preference. I've never been a fan of using that effect for an entire production. Possibly just for a few shots to make them stand out, or to communicate something like a POV effect, but not for a whole production. Again, just my opinion.
Thanks Jason. YOu're right about the vignette - I'll reedit and fix this. Thx again for input.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:57 AM   #4
Major Player

Lukas... I love it, Did you put the groom to work by walking with your gear :-)

The video was great man. Jason already hit up that there was to much vignetting... Other than that I really liked it. I dug a lot of the shots. The escalator, the fountain, the window shots at Starbucks. When I first started watching the video I said to myself "I hope he pulls off a time-lapse shot of the couple in a crowded area. You did and it looked cool. Although it might have looked better where everyone is crossing a street or something.
Cool video...

I'm sending you a PM

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:45 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Lukas... I love it, Did you put the groom to work by walking with your gear :-)

The video was great man. Jason already hit up that there was to much vignetting... Other than that I really liked it. I dug a lot of the shots. The escalator, the fountain, the window shots at Starbucks. When I first started watching the video I said to myself "I hope he pulls off a time-lapse shot of the couple in a crowded area. You did and it looked cool. Although it might have looked better where everyone is crossing a street or something.
Cool video...

I'm sending you a PM

Steve
I wanted so badly to do the street crossing time-lapse, but had very hard time to find a good spot for the camera (much higher then the crowd). The best I could do is in the 2nd part of the video.

It was bizarre day - first we started near Fashion Week Show, so we had tons of models and "inside" ppl. Then as we progressed towards Time Square we got caught by Radio City Music Hall - MTV Music Awards. Again tons of celebs :-)
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery